Stand up for your customers

Hi everybody,

I´m just thinking that a lot of authors might not be aware of what has happened since 2nd of October in the “We´re removing Envato Credits from Market” announcement. So I´m writing a short summary here, for those of you that have not read it all.

Envato has now shut down the Credits system abruptly without notifying any customers (still to this very day). The credit system allowed customers to shop without transaction fees and have a convenient solution for less paperwork.

Upset and angry customers are piling up in this very thread every day. https://forums.envato.com/t/were-removing-envato-credits-from-market/195361

I think it´s every authors responsibility to speak up about this in the thread above, if you agree with Envato´s decision or not. Audiojungle authors have been very active in this thread, myself included. Trust me I would rather not be this active. I have worked with customer support for many years and I just can´t help it when I see these very unfriendly customer actions being taken.

Credits Removal/Forced Transaction fees affect the markets differently. Audiojungle is certainly on the most vulnerable side. We have reports of several AJ authors up to 30-41% credits use. Many of these customers are not yet aware of these changes, thats why we need to act in numbers to let Envato very top leadership that this is not acceptable.

Or if you think a 1$ transaction fee for an 1$ item is ok, feel free to say your opinion regardless. A line or 2 is more than enough for everybody.

The system is now as follows:
$1 transaction fee for orders up to $10.
$2 transaction fee for orders between $20-$75.
No handling fee for orders over $75. This system is especially unfriendly to low cost items as well as companies that tries to avoid to much paperwork.

Thank you all in advance! I´m sure your customers would thank you as well, for at least speaking up if nothing else.

14 Likes