Stachethemes Event Calendar

Good morning,

I bought in February 18th of 2018, the Stachethemes Event Calendar, I do not have the ticket section. I would like to authorize registration in my events. What shall I do ?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Anita

Hi,

Contact with your purchase item author @Stachethemes hope they will help you out from your issue.

Thanks!

Hello,

The ticket and shop sections are powered by WooCommerce so in order to enable and use them you need to have WooCommerce installed.

If you have any more questions please open a ticket on our support center here: https://stachethemes.ticksy.com/

1 Like

Me quiere decir que estamos esclavos for ever para tener que comoprar licencias de soporte…???

Y más cuando lanzan una nueva Update y me rompe mi página web…???

Tengo que volver a la anterior versión…???

Así cuando Vds quieran, actualizan lo que sea y me rompe la página web…???

Y tengo que pagar para darles a Vds la información de qué plugins o escenarios están en guerra o se pelean con su plugin…???

Y encima me quieren decir que tengo que pagar para darles esa información…???
Pues como no solucionen este conflicto que tienen creado con sus clientes esto parace una tomadura de pelo y una estafa.
Gracias

You mean that we are slaves for ever to have to buy support licenses … ???

And more when they launch a new Update and it breaks my web page … ???

I have to go back to the previous version … ???

So when you want, they update whatever it is and it breaks my web page … ???

And I have to pay to give you the information of which plugins or scenarios are at war or fighting with your plugin … ???

And above all they want to tell me that I have to pay to give them that information … ???
Well, as long as they don’t solve this conflict they have created with their clients, this seems like a joke and a scam.
Thank you

Por qué tienen la caradura de decir que habramos un ticket si resulta que hay que pagar por ello…???
Es que no se dan cuenta que a veces el porblema lo crean Vds y les interesaría saber qué o cual es el problema que se nos presenta con el Plugin Stachethemes Event Calendar y así Vds poder solucionarlo…???
Acabn de lanzar una última versión… la 3.2.2 y resulta que ha roto mi página web.
¿¿¿Tengo que pagar para poder ni tan siquiera abriri un ticket…???
ÂżPor algo que han iniciado Vds y me hacen perder el tiempo?
DeberĂ­an poder dar un soporte por lo menos para enviar los casos como estos.
Es una verguenza.
Así dan ganas de no comprar nunca más esos productos que se basan en licencias de soporte.
¿Está ahí el truco?
Vds sacan una actualización… se rompen las webs… y les pagamos para que vuelva todo a funcionar…???
Entiendo.

Why do they have the nerve to say that we will have a ticket if it turns out that you have to pay for it … ???
It is that they do not realize that sometimes the problem is created by you and would be interested to know what or what is the problem that is presented to us with the Stachethemes Event Calendar Plugin and thus you can solve it …
They just released a latest version … 3.2.2 and it turns out that it has broken my website.
Do I have to pay to even open a ticket … ???
For something that you have started and make me waste my time?
They should be able to at least provide support to submit cases like these.
It is a shame.
This makes you want to never buy those products that are based on support licenses again.
Is there the catch?
You get an update … the webs are broken … and we pay them to make everything work again … ???
I get it.