Spotfinder Wordpress Theme

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what the last version of the wordpress Spotfinder theme was? I am trying to hire someone to make some modifications to this theme that was recently pulled down without warning and I want to know if I have the most current version.

Any info would be great. It is frustrating with the lack of notice we receive for a themes removal, but that’s the way it goes I guess.

ooltra said

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what the last version of the wordpress Spotfinder theme was? I am trying to hire someone to make some modifications to this theme that was recently pulled down without warning and I want to know if I have the most current version.

BTOA Wiki page shows the latest update :slight_smile:

Any info would be great. It is frustrating with the lack of notice we receive for a themes removal, but that’s the way it goes I guess.

We’re not yet seer :stuck_out_tongue: but you will have better answer here -> Author Support :wink:

2F

Such a shame, I was just about to purchase this theme :frowning:

Totally sucks. Not impressed with how this is gone, we have a whole site dedicated to this theme. Dumb.

What’s the best way to un-install this theme?

Anyone know why this theme was removed?

KeyserSoze_UK said

I just talked to the developers via their FB page, they are actually working on 2.0 and for some reason thought it would be better to remove the current version as it would be obsolete soon, but I told them um not really… but anyhow. They were cool tho, they send me through the most up to date copy 1.35 which is better then what I had which was 1.0. Don’t quite know when the new version will come out but am thinking in the next month or so. Fingers crossed, I ended up buying two other directory themes on TF and SpotFinder by far is the best, so I’m waiting :slight_smile: hope that helps!

oakeaveney said

What’s the best way to un-install this theme?

If you can wait till they load 2.0 you shouldn’t have to uninstall it. Best way otherwise is to simply find another theme, upload it and activate it, then you just need to delete the theme your not using. Deactivating it is OK but it increases security breach potential.

ooltra said

Hello,

Most recent version should be 1.35. 2.0 is coming out sometime in the future, not sure when tho.

nikolasa said
KeyserSoze_UK said

I just talked to the developers via their FB page, they are actually working on 2.0 and for some reason thought it would be better to remove the current version as it would be obsolete soon, but I told them um not really… but anyhow. They were cool tho, they send me through the most up to date copy 1.35 which is better then what I had which was 1.0. Don’t quite know when the new version will come out but am thinking in the next month or so. Fingers crossed, I ended up buying two other directory themes on TF and SpotFinder by far is the best, so I’m waiting :slight_smile: hope that helps!

You mentioned that you purchased 2 other directory themes and that this was by far the best… I would be interested to find out what ones they were? I’ve been looking at Directory Portal (by AIT), Business Finder (by AIT) and Glocal (by uouapps). If you have already done some analysis of SpotFinder versus theme alternatives, would be interested in your opinion.

Many thanks, Paul

Hi,
I purchased Spotfinder last year and heard/read different stories as to why it has been taken down from Theme Forest. Would be great news if they are back coding an update as it really is a superb theme. I’ve got a site going live in the next couple of weeks so to know there will be on-going support would be a bonus.
However, if this is not the case I might change the actual theme to another on Theme Forest by ‘Themes Depot’ - there is a multi-listing version called ‘Atlas Directory and Listings’ and an Estates version called ‘Open Estates’. I’ve put a request in to their support to see if it has the same functionality as Spofinder. Don’t know if this helps you?
Happy coding.
Hughsieg5

KeyserSoze_UK said
nikolasa said
KeyserSoze_UK said

You mentioned that you purchased 2 other directory themes and that this was by far the best… I would be interested to find out what ones they were? I’ve been looking at Directory Portal (by AIT), Business Finder (by AIT) and Glocal (by uouapps). If you have already done some analysis of SpotFinder versus theme alternatives, would be interested in your opinion.

Many thanks, Paul

A while ago, one he shared person on the forum now removed a solution to speed up the loading of the clusters, because when more spots are added is becoming very slow, if someone achieving save this solution will greatly appreciate it if you could share, it was a small piece of code that is replaced by another.
But apparently slow loading is solved with this

Is there any news about Spotfinder Theme?

Stasy said

Is there any news about Spotfinder Theme?

None so far. We have been waiting a while, as Gui, the person behind BtoA, was on a Southeast Asia holiday. Promised newsletter with status update- 4 weeks over due and no interaction. I set up a peer support google group to fill the gap, but it’s only a small fix. Many of us need the promised Claimable listings, Plans & Packages, and other fixes. Who knows when/if the promised 2.0 is coming. Until there is real attempts as communication and delivery, I will have no faith in Guilherme Salum.

News about this template?

Has anyone find out how to change permalink structure for this theme?

For example, default permalinks are like:
domain.com/spot/nameofspot

I would really like to be something like this:
domain.com/location/spotscategory/nameofspot

senortiago said

Hi

You have to follow these three options.

1 -. Settings in wordpress permalinks select Post name, this is very important.

. 2 - in settings of Spotfinder, main spot put the name you want to give your links.

. 3 - Very important the template type you define like pages or pages must carry the same names as in the settings of Spotfinder.

Yes you have questions, contact you and sent you screenshots.

Hope I’ve helped.

senortiago said

just found this google group for developers using the theme, about 120 topics in there, good value :slight_smile:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/spotfinder

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?