Soundcloud Scam?

Hey guys!

Did any of you received a message on your Soundcloud account from a guy saying he likes you music bla bla… and he just got employed by a website designing company? And they offer there free websites for talented new comer musicians? It was also writing that they manage your advertising and stuff for about a month and then you are on your own, no fees required. I clicked on that link even if it seemed funny and I usually dont do these things. It took me really to a website which states the exact same things. Then I went out from the computer cause I had to do some stuff and when I came back and clicked again on that link, the page was not found anymore…
Oh and also the guy besides saying he likes my music and all that stuff, he said I should mention his name when I apply for a free website so he can get some credentials from his company boss.

So, any of you received that?
Thanks

I have 2 accounts on SoundCloud and both got the same message. My friends too. It seemed suspicious to me. Next time, do not click the link. It can send a virus…

I got it aswell, I always ingore thoose messages. As DirtyProductions said, it can be a virus.

I get these too, total scam.

Got the message as well. Was extremely skeptical, especially after the “you don’t have a web page? It’s 2013, what’s wrong with you?” Introduction lol

brandonamatias said

Got the message as well. Was extremely skeptical, especially after the “you don’t have a web page? It’s 2013, what’s wrong with you?” Introduction lol

hahahaha " Yes! I do not have a website, but you do not have a name… What is wrong with YOU?!"

Haha… I got the same thing. I didn’t bother with it… And shoot! I thought I was special :slight_smile:

On Newgrounds forum was something similar some time ago.

Out of nowhere appeared a guy promoting his website “to help new young artists” (regardless that Newgrounds is exactly this). The website was putting all the upload under their own exclusive licensing because they hoped nobody will read the rules/EULA/contract. After several days his account was deleted and was banned from forum.

Got it as well a few times allready. “Your music is so outstanding, it could go viral !”

Haha… sure that’s why i still work for some crappy $ :slight_smile:

I got that message like 3 times…

Yeah theres a lot of these lame messages going on. Everyone keep your heads of for spammer followers too. I’ve had a few random followers with no music, no profile, and no general information send me messages over and over about opportunities for my music and other shady dealings. They also don’t respond to anything, but simply seek to gather info. Damn spammers!!

It seems that only I haven`t received such a message although my mom always said that I’m special. :crying: hahahaha :bigsmile: