Sound Ideas flood

I completely agree! I think it would be fair!

This is good idea! Too much items ruin a healthy competition ;(

Yeah well… it’s not that bad :sunglasses:

Well, that is a considerable number, but still less than 10% of what we already sport here.

I for one want to welcome Sound-Ideas into the game, they are uploading high quality stuff which is sure to bring more happy buyers to AJ in the long run.

The “flood” effect - which is mostly due to uploading big batches of old music - is temporary. Don’t forget how quickly our items go down in the “regular” flood, the same will happen in this case. In time, everything will be back to the good old “inspiration, inspiration, inspiration” situation. :sunglasses:

It’s noteworthy how “old-school” all their music items are titled, I’m sure you would agree simple SEO will have the upper hand in most search cases. The reason they are high in search right now is because of the relatively recent upload date.

Limiting uploads will not reduce influx of new tracks, only smear it out over longer periods of time.

About “inequality” in regards to other authors… as I see it, “inequality” would be imposing special rules on some author groups. As of now, we’re more or less playing by the same rules, it’s just that these guys come in a bit later into the game and have a lot of tracks to sell. Also, even if they clearly are not a “one man show” I wouldn’t accuse them of being a “big company”. A big company is like Apple, Google, or Microsoft. Now when YouTube is offering FREE music for their videos, that’s a bigger cause for concern IMO.

Also, these are non-exclusive items, and if nothing else, we who work exclusively with AJ will still get the better author rate :sunglasses:

Bottom line, keep uploading :sunglasses:

GOOD LUCK

1 Like

I agree it is necessary to make special conditions for large companies. In the last month I have not fired two potential hit, is now a new track with good sales too quickly gone away…( With such unhealthy competition has to stand out from the forces not to drown, from this quality deteriorates and therefore the sale, affected the total income and authors and envato…

Sound Ideas can arguably be it’s own site within the AJ site. Just click on Sound Ideas and let customers dig around. If they license a track via AJ’s platform, everyone is happy. Can you imagine being the guy who has to prep all those tracks for upload to AJ? That’s a lot of boring work!

Come on guys we better than this, let’s focus on creating music rather than pointing finger on someone and blame him/her for our own affliction.

I didn’t see that flood, and couldn’t find soundideas author either. Can someone give the link to that portfolio?

You never visit "Top Authors " page? :slight_smile:

You live in ideal world. Please check top authors list.

Apocalypse Now!???I completely agree!

I completely agree!Apocalypse Now!-:frowning:

Sound Ideas etc have their own site to sell their items.
Authors don’t

1 Like

But it’s unreal to understood who is “The Big Company”, and who is “Just a little musician”! If everyone will claim Envato about that, the only way is to Limit Submissions for everyone!!! :smiley: Somebody wants that?! =)

1 Like

Limiting submittions is also not the way, because productive authors will just start to open multiply accounts.

2 Likes

I agree, but from the other hand, as some one said here there is no SI music in top sellers list, and when I’ve tried to find last SI’s uploads… yes, there were a lot of files, but it was only on 4th page. There is so many files uploading every second and I think there is not really a problem for authors if their music is good. Especially if buyers using search instead of scrolling the list of last uploaded files to find something they need. Just think from the buyer perspective. If you need some rock tune, you probably will type some tags in the search field and not try to find something by listening to every track in “music” category. Or you just go immediately to “best seller” files =)

Sound Ideas is a well recognized and respected brand that’s been around for many years. Heck, I remember incorporating some of their licensed CD tracks during film school in the 90’s. A few things to point out:

• They specialize mostly in sound FX, I rarely see them on the best weekly sellers list here on AJ for music
    -Look at the situation from a business point of view, Envato is a business and must do what’s best for their business. Sound ideas is generating more traffic to the site and in return other authors are benefiting. Providing that they have to go through the same uploading process like everyone else and not receive any special treatment then it’s all good.
2 Likes

I don’t know about music, but sound ideas sfx is total crap (Just compare this “sfx” and some Boom Library release).
But they have just a lot of that crap, so normal sfx made by indie authors will be trashed away.

Also this guys have a web page. I thought that envato is a platform for indie authors, not companies. At least it is not fair. Maybe we should have some more % from sales then this monopolist?

1 Like

Also a few more things. This guys selling even not their own material. So aren’t they must provide some daw screenshots or other things to prove that they are real authors?

Every “suggestion” I see on these threads on how to improve AJ just happens to massively benefit the person suggesting it. Coincidence? I think people just need to get over the fact that every author has their own priorities. It’s nice that it’s so easy to get started here but do I love the fact that other authors sell more than me or that people who started 5-6 years ago have a massive head start on me? Of course I don’t but I don’t think the way to fix it is for Envato to hold back more successful companies and composers in order for me to catch up. That’d be like telling all the guitarists in my area that are better than me that they’re not allowed to practice until I can play as good as they can!

1 Like