Sound FX uploading advice

Hi,

If I have a set of sound FX that sound similar - let’s say 8-10 laser shots, all different but related in a way ( maybe the same feel, space, processing etc. ) Would you recommend uploading them one at a time and then make a pack or upload them all at once, in a single file, from the beginning?

Please state your pro / cons arguments as well. Sfx focused authors, please share your wisdom :slight_smile:

Hi, you mentioned “similar”, I think making them unique first is key to selling them in singles but if they must sound similar then I would make a pack in a single file.

If they sound too similar and you upload each one as a single file with different names not all may get accepted since they sound too close. Make them original. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

How do you people make laser shots anyway?

Recording the laser gun :smiley: If I’d need to make something like that, I’d use filter with fastly falling
frequency and sharp resonance - something near to how “techno” kicks to make.

1 Like

@dreamkid: It helps. I was thinking the same - but I wanted to double check on that. :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: if you still get rejected, I owe you nothing :stuck_out_tongue: ok…maybe one dollaa

1 Like