Song Name Length - becoming too excessive?

Wait a minute… i once had the audacity to use 6 words in my title and a reviewer cut it short to 5 with a message that we as authors are not allowed to use more then 5 words.

I might be wrong… but am i? AM I!?

1 Like

Maybe you were using extra long words and the 6th one went over the 100 character limit :wink:

If you have Trusted Update you can update items title, file, preview, etc without reviewer check.
His track was “light-inspiring-day” (check URL) once it was reviewed and approved. He has changed the name of a track a bit later.

Anyway this is the most terrible SEO practice I have ever seen so far :smiley:

Even the search engine will be confused with this long meaningless title :rofl:

Having Trusted Update status really helps when I can update a mix or add additional mixes to an already existing item. I fear that this kind of behaviour to game the system will put that Trusted status in jeopardy which would be another spoiler.

and this is why we can’t have nice things… there are always people who will abuse the system, and fair players get to suffer the consequences.

5 Likes

oh my…

I like pretty pressed flowers that fill my bedroom with the smell of Summer Meadows - that’s nice, I like my morning paper neatly folded by a hot iron and carefully carried in to my room by my man servant Jeremy - that’s nice also.

1 Like

As I understand they won’t do anything with this titles because it also helps the audiojungle site to be indexed better by the web search algorithms among all other stock music sites on the internet. Am I wrong? 'cause I really don’t see any other reason not to exclude titles from the search engine. Hope we handle it one day. It’s a shame.

5 words should be enough… I got some rejects for this kind of though titles…

I am against any prohibitions, but the situation with the names is nonsense, which lowers the AJ to the level of a street vendor with trinkets … similar to each other.
I wonder what will happen if forbid the words in the file name: corporate … motivational … etc?!
I think Envato is to blame for what’s going on … they’ve allowed this.

1 Like

Good find, @TitanSlayer

Envato: this naming practice is ridiculous. It isn’t naming anymore… it’s a description. It reflects poorly on the library as a whole. What are you going to do about this problem?

4 Likes

My favourite by the same author, “Swell & Elevated Mood with Deep Sub Bass & Punch Drums & Inspirational Synth and Warm Tech Plucks”. Unbelievable. Say goodbye to trusted update status for us all.

2 Likes

I am not sure we should take that stuff way too serious.
If the author would know the basics SEO knowledge/skills he would understand that this won’t work in any case. I am sure the link from the forum made more views than from everything else!
The other thing that this is bad to give a “Trusted update” to people who do not even reading the rules or violating them.
Still does not make sense, because nobody from envato really cares about it.
Things only will be worse. Remember my word. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What’s the character limit on item names? Whatever it is, it’s not short enough. :smiley:

1 Like

1 sale in two and a half years. It might just not be the perfect strategy after all…

1 Like

100…One can write a short story :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Brilliant idea, @MARiAN! :slight_smile:
I’m completely fed up of naming my stuff “something inspiring” or “inspirational something”, in the hope that it will show up in the search results, 'cause it seems that almost all customers desperately need to be inspired by the names of the tracks. So, if we start writing an inspiring short story, like…
“Two fish are sitting in a tank. One fish looks to the other and goes: How do you drive this thing?” (only 98 characters, if I counted it right!)
… as a name for our tracks, instead of using the same well-worn keywords over and over again, maybe the guys will stop typing the same keywords all the time and get inspired only by reading the names. Contradiction?!

1 Like

Old Topic