Some Complains about the Review team

Hey Guys,

The review system is Really getting worse & worse & worse & worse & worse. This is driving my really crazy.

Are WordPress reviewers creating new standards each days??? I see a previous forum where this topic was discussed but never been replied officially, in fact it was locked.

I really liked the review standards at 2015-2016. But the soft reject issues I’m getting now is really nonsense! I’m using documenter to make my theme’s documentation. But it isn’t responsive. They wanted it responsive that’s why they gave me 2 soft rejects. They want everything prefixed. What is the point of fully prefixed?? I can have my own functionalities which I want to include all of my themes so that my users can switch between my themes easily and don’t lose them. In that case I have some functions with my own prefixes. I see that on almost every popular themes but I can’t do that!!! There is another story about prefix, I’ll be on it a little bit later.

Another issue I was thrown today is Framework. I’m using codestar framework. The framework is used almost everywhere on my theme so if I move that to plugin, then it will break my theme and I have to nearly re code it to make it work. The reviewers was concerned that I’m using CS framework & they sent me screenshot of 2 of their functions to remove. But never told me to remove the whole framework. On the first soft reject, in the prefixing shit, they allowed me to use framework, see the message:

1. Please use a unique prefix for all function names, custom images sizes, classes, CONSTANTS, hooks, public/global variables, and database entries to avoid conflict issues with plugins and other themes. For example, themename_ OR frameworkname_

Noticed that framework thing? Now after the 5th soft reject see this message:

1. Since CS Framework is not a plugin and it is used as part of the theme, it needs to comply with our guidelines, just like the rest of your theme.

If you want to avoid lengthly editing, please remove the integration and add the framework in plugin form instead.

Isn’t that nonsense??

Now again, the prefixing story.

The last theme I did was True Love. See the name? As they want a theme to be fully prefixed, I did prefixed it on every function, class, hooks & everything. But my mistake was I used truelove_ as prefix, truelove as directory name & text domain. The reviewers told me that I have to change every fuc*ing prefixes & slugs to true_love_ as prefix, true-love as theme directory, true_love as textdomain. Can I ask the review guys, Is there any advantage of that???

I’m really fed up with these nonsense review system. If the review guidelines are changing every moment, there should be a blog where the new guidelines should be updated. Or else this is really nonsense. I have themes on WP theme directory. They also have strict review system but themeforest is making new guidelines. They are not creators of WordPress, I think every review system should follow official WordPress guidelines not beyond that…

I’m requesting an official reply from themeforest. Either review team or any other team.

Thanks

@emiluzelac @kailoon @michael_l @LoveThemes @Barometer @JamiGibbs

1 Like

I agree and if they need help I will work on whatever files under whatever guidelines to speed up review process. The rules of forum does not matter when moral of the foundation of success is so low. A positive voice from Envato would really cure any negative cells letting them know that they are heard and you are working on a solution. Or the honesty of hey this is how it is and review times are going to be 2 1/2 months or more if your lucky and then we will respect that and make decisions based on that info. Just tell us what you need and as a community I know we can come up with an answer. Envato NASA never had a community as big as this when putting a man on the moon so I think we can handle some computer processing and code :slight_smile: I love you Envato just telling it how it is. Please feature my files Im starving lol

I just faced 3rd time soft rejection which is really pain. I think reviewer is not the same otherwise he will tells all the errors at first soft rejection.

Or would they? I’m no reviewer, but for the sake of efficiency and expediting the queue, I don’t see any real benefit of going much further, if you’ve already come across one thing that would result in a soft rejection. I mean, think of it like a nightclub…

Bouncer: Can see your ID?
Me: Sure, here you go.
Bouncer: Great. Ok hands up, I’m going to give you a body search.
Me: Sure thing
Bouncer: Ok, all good there. Thanks. Right, you can’t come in with sneakers on, sorry.
Me: Why didn’t you tell me that in the first place, instead of checking my ID and searching me?! You could see I had sneakers on when I first turned up!
Bouncer: Oh yeah, good point.

Nearly 3 days past. No official reply. Envato is acting really transparent here.

My last item also got 14 soft-rejections, each time I got new errors, actually they are irrelevant/silly like this. Nothing to say bcoz Envato does not care its authors now…

1 Like

i got 5th soft rejection : here is the main issue

1. Since Redux is not a plugin and it is used as part of the theme, it needs to comply with our guidelines, just like the rest of your theme.

If you want to avoid lengthly editing, please remove the integration and add the framework in plugin form instead.

Can someone help me in fixing this issue?

Point this to the reviewer and it will be approved as mine was:

1. Please use a unique prefix for all function names, custom images sizes, classes, CONSTANTS, hooks, public/global variables, and database entries to avoid conflict issues with plugins and other themes. For example, themename_ OR frameworkname_

They allow framework inside theme but some reviewers do some over review which is nonsense.

i will remember this for my next theme but for now i integrate framework as a plugin to avoid more soft rejections,

New comment from reviewer is

No comments form.

what it means

Maybe your theme has no comment form on single post template?

Same problem now with me. :frowning:

Old topic