Soft Rejection: Documentation.

wordpress
item-feedback

I just got a soft rejection on my plugin, saying documentation is lacking. The response seems to contradict itself, but looking around the forums it appears to be a canned response copy pasted a lot, so it’s not too helpful in figuring out what they want me to do.

The documentation is a little lacking.

Most importantly, remember that buyers may not be technically inclined. They may just be looking for an item to drop into their existing code base. Also keep in mind that a typical user won’t really know about all the features your system brings to the table. With them in mind, you should also look into providing a quick start guide of some sort. It need not be long: a short one will do.

Here is the link to my plugins page that has documentation.

My plugin is really easy to use, it’s mostly self explanatory, I only really made documentation just to be complete, it’s mostly a feature list and FAQ anyway. It basically is a quick start guide; all you really do is install and start making posts. I only fleshed out the page because I was expecting to get rejected for having too little documentation.

So, what is the feedback asking of me? To cut it down? To add more? To simplify it? To expand it?

• It’s not a technical plugin, users seeking it would know how it works and all the terms and jargon used.
  • It is an item that is easily dropped into a code base.
  • The feature list is pretty concise and expected of such a plugin.
  • The documentation is pretty short, I can add a quick start guide, but it’ll just be 2 sentences.

Hello!
I had the same problem with my first item. You should add a guide for the installation or maybe describe it a little bit more…
Just take a look from someone with no coding knowledge and ask yourself how will he get use of the item - and after this start writing the documentation, step by step. Which you great luck! - WaterproofThemes

I do have installation instructions, first thing in the documentation. It’s the exact same as every other plugin instructions, upload it and activate it.

The instructions are clear, you don’t need any coding or technical knowledge to get started, the documentation has screen shots, and you can see everything before you purchase the plugin.

ShatterStudios, did you manage to get your plugin accepted? I have the exact same problem and I don’t know what to do. Any help will be appreciated.