Soft rejected on ThemeForest. Feedback please?

Hi guys,
We got soft rejected on a template for design quality. Well, the first two soft rejections were for totally different reasons, and the third time it hit us: design quality is so bad, that we can’t even get specific feedback from the reviewer. Please, if you have any idea on how we can improve the template, give us some clues. Thank you so much.

http://antfarmthemes.com/qcreative_html/index.html?clearcache=on

Looks great.

1. Custom scrollbar is a pain, please leave the default
  2. visual hierarchy in meta section of blog needs a look
  3. the social links are overlapping your navigation menu in bottom (contact)
  4. the classic gallery section is plain.
    anyway what was the rejection message?

Hi Karl,
Thank you for the feedback.

The message was this:
Our previous decision on this submission still stands. Significant improvements need to be made before being resubmitted.

Your item does not provide the necessary design quality to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality designs become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

Not sure what you mean by 3. the social links are overlapping your navigation menu in bottom (contact), I don’t see it. Also, is the custom scrollbar not working properly on your end?

Thanks,
Chris

The previous message was this:
1) Many of the elements in the template are not aesthetically spaced.

2) The template’s overall typography isn’t yet ready. It needs improvements in the styles it offers and general visual hierarchy.

We fixed the problems pointed out in in this message. Maybe we didn’t fix them properly?

Anyone? Please?

1. there was some announcement long back by a reviewer how custom scroll bar is irritating. So I suggest removing it.

2. now I dont see your social links overlapping but still you need to increase space between those links and the last navigation list item(contact).

3.maybe you should add some text shadow to the home slider titles for better legibility and decrease the transparency of the background. also placing the title in one consistent position would be better instead of right center and left bottom.
4. blog section make spacing between the right sidebar widgets equal to spacing between post and sidebar.
5. proper hierarchy in meta of post is not there. differentiate between eg “POSTED ON” NOVEMBER 29 2015 / " IN: FASHION, PHOTOGRAPHY / “54” COMMENTS

6.make all your lorem ipsum paragraph text a shade lesser gray
7.show some hierarchy in the contact section in email, ph no fax no and address by making them a lesser font and lesser shade.
8.the send message button on left side is not user friendly as after typing message i have to go left and click that button.
9.the main content separation heading like services, elements can be placed on left side instead of right
10. you might consider increasing the font size of the title premium package.
11. The navigation menus dont look crispy giving a general amateurish feel on first look. can consider changing typo(cant clearly define what, you have to play around)

All the best

1 Like

Wow, man this is a killer theme, just can’t believe it got rejected. Anyways, it’s soft rejected so that’s good news. The only thing I’d say is typography. Good luck mate.

@drsankarl thank you so much for taking the time to write the feedback, I really really appreciate it, some really great aspects you pointed out :slight_smile: I can’t drop the custom scrollbar though, I absolutely love it :smile: However, the custom scrollbar is purely optional, the user can turn it off. Same for the page title (CONTACT, SERVICES, etc.), it has 3 positioning options (right, left, center)

1. I actually remember that post, and I was thinking about it earlier today :smile:
  2. Is this for menu type 1 (the default menu type)? The social icons are forced to stay in the bottom left, can you share your screen resolution please?
  3. lesser gray meaning that it should be lighter, right?

@CreativeKaboom Thank you so much for the feedback, I will try harder to improve the typography :smile:

Again, thank you guys so much for taking the time to check our template and give feedback :smile:

you can see your left social links near that last menu item. this is chrome with 1300px width.
I understand that there are options which users can change, but demo should have a consistency is my opinion. Also until you get approved can you remove that custom options button so the beauty of your design is not spoiled(just suggestion,not necessary though).
lesser gray is yes lighter correct.
Just waiting for this to get approved so we can see the response for a creative item.

1 Like

Oh, that explains it. So the resolution is probably 1300x768? The height is very small, that’s why the menu is becoming crowded :smile: I’ll think of a way to make that work for small resolutions too.
Thanks a lot drsankarl :smile: Yeah, we are very anxious to see the buyers’ response as well :smile:

editL off topic, the new smilies look like they’re laughing their asses off :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been so busy the last couple of days I almost forgot something very important:
THANK YOU KARL for helping us get our template accepted :smile:

resize browser size too fast a couple time, then i got this :smiley:
you should give fixed width

Hi friend,
You are always welcome. By the way the template looked great already and I think the soft reject was not warranted. Any way looks like the template is doing great with 8 sales so far. So buyers are willing to pay for creative things which is a big boost for other authors to try something new.
Thank you for coming back to say thanks. :smile: :smile:

Hi vinirama, many thanks for the find and screenshot, will fix it asap :smile:
@Karl:Yeah, it shows potential for the wp version. Gotta start working fast, hehe :smile:

Moderator, if it’s OK, I’d like this thread locked please, the template got approved, I made new friends, I couldn’t be happier, nothing left to say in here :smile:
Thanks