Our last project, after 1 work month, has been soft rejected. Revisor has been detailed and provided a list of things to improve, but for us something is hard to comprehend.
Here is what he wrote:
Thank you for your submission.
1. In this case, the submitted template is more like a ‘framework’ than a full fledged design. Make sure that all components are designed to work with your template’s concept.
That’s the point that we don’t comprehend: what does it means? As some other items, wee see that there are some layout designs and different variation. Can you hel us?
2. Parts of your design are either difficult to read or have contrast issues. Please make sure all sections of your design have adequate contrast and all text is easily readable.
This is quite clear. We should improve Overhall contrast. Also in this case, we see a lot of template selling with soft colours and low contrast.
3. The scrolling animations are currently quite heavy. Just because animations are available doesn’t necessarily mean they should be used all the time. Consider if your animations are being over-used.
Ok, we should limit animation use or differentiate them, what do you think?
4. The overall hierarchy of this item requires some additional work. Focus on better defining which areas of this item should demand more attention. http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/an-introduction-to-hierarchy-webdesign-14947
Hierarchy is very important, we have to better focus on it: maybe to differentiate better text size or something else? any suggestion will be very appreciated.
5. There are spacing and alignment issues throughout this item. Please take a moment to make sure that all elements are aligned perfectly and everything is spaced consistently from section to section.
We should add more space from section to section? some other alignment issues?
This item has an interesting start, but requires a bit more work before it can successfully compete on ThemeForest. Focus on improving the overall quality of this item before resubmitting.
Ok, that’s all…we are happy but we want to do a good work and we would like to receive your precious suggestions and ideas.
Thanks to all who will spend some minutes to give us suggestions…