Soft Reject, Soft Reject and finally Hard Reject!!

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Milors - Elegant WordPress Blog Theme” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

The rejection of your theme submission was based in whole upon the following reasons:

• Visual hierarchy and aesthetics.
  • Typography.
  • Forms and buttons.
  • More attention to details.
  • Better design consistency.
  • An overall spacing.
  • Color contrast and schemes.

This is really made me crazy, IDK what reviewers think about and what their design taste and experience. Very disapointed.

If you guys knew the theme worst than mine, please post the URL here.

My DEMO URL Milors Theme

1. You have obvious contrast and padding issues in “Trending posts” sidebar.
  2. Images and dates of posts are not clickable in sidebar. This may confuse some visitors.
  3. Spacing issues in footer. Columns are too close to each other.
  4. Technology heading looks weird in terms of spacing and alignment. While I may assume that it’s done intentionally to create more artistry for the design, it failed to do so. It rather broke the visual hierarchy there.
  5. UI forms elements are too small. And it’s a bad UX practice of using the placeholders as fields labels.
  6. There are some hierarchy problems. For example, “related articles” heading is the same size as posts headings in it. The paddings of posts here are also look weird a bit.
  7. There are more small but important spacing problems.

In general the design doesn’t look too bad. I think you try to fix all the issues and give an another try. But before doing so, I suggest you to check the latest works on TF in the same category. May be you will find some new modern & cool solutions and adapt them to you theme.

I hope you said that simply being in tilt caused by this hard reject frustration. You should research trendy and successful works rather than poor and outdated but approved ones. That will be more productive.