Soft-reject need help understanding the comments

Hi,

I’m not quite understanding what they want from me, can anyone shed some light on these?
Very much appreciated!!

Page

Masonry category / secondary homepage

Events category / list

Primary homepage

Comment from reviewer:

1. COLOR USAGE: The design needs improvements in color usage. Although you may feel this is a subjective topic, it is quite objective and relevant to core design principals and will affect the file’s overall appeal. The use of one color across so many elements creates a somewhat “flat” appearance and reduces overall visual hierarchy.
  2. SPACING AND ALIGNMENT: There are spacing and alignment issues in this item. Please make sure that all elements are aligned properly and spacing is consistent from section to section. Here are some articles with more information regarding negative space and proper spacing: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/using-white-space-or-negative-space-in-your-designs--webdesign-3401, http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/adding-space-to-your-designs--webdesign-14836
  3. READABILITY: Parts of your design are either difficult to read or have contrast issues. Please make sure all sections of your design have adequate contrast and all text is easily readable on all devices.

The links are broken.

my bad! thanks for pointing it out. I uploaded files here.

To me the accent color is not standing out from the background color, there is not much contrast. may be we could adjust the background color and or choose some bright color for the accent. If you can apply some shades of grey to some element it can get rid of the flat appearance. Overall the entire feedback is about color and contrast.

Hey, in the package I’ve included color variations, allowing final client to choose. Look at these bright colors:

Yes for me this look bright and has good contrast. how about applying this kind of brightness to your first one or the base theme whichever you call it.

It’s really not that bad…

• I think the ‘What are you looking for’ section would look nicer/more complete if you have other options to extend the search fields and have less white space to either side

• having the titles resting with no padding on top of the search bar and also on the images right aligned could well be what the reviewer is flagging. I kind of understand what you are trying to do but even a little padding I think may make it feel more readable with ruining the layout

• personally I am not a fan of the font you are using for post preview copy, and think it would increase readability with alternatives (just my opinion of course)

• On this page Soft-reject need help understanding the comments the two widgets on the right (again just my opinion) would look better both the same rather than inverted layouts

Generally the unique offset layouts are cool but be careful not to take them too far as this is what I think the reviewer is referring to - trying to mix layouts up and introduce quirky alignment etc. is great but overdoing it ends up looking messy and damages the core concept.

I didn’t explain myself, these colors where already included in the package that reviewer saw. I’ve 4 colors for each template homepage / post /page / pos t/ secondary page /events - all have 4 color combos included in PSD.

Thanks! Your comments are actually helpful. Your last comment you mean Load More buttons?

Shamelessly pushing this to the top of the list. any feedback appreciated guyz! please.

anything else?