Soft Reject Error on Activation

1. Please make sure that your template doesn’t raise any PHP errors, notices or warnings on activation. Enabling wp_debug can help you with this: http://envato.d.pr/j4OC/33Y47jVb

Where this reviewer take this error screen from ? I create test wordpress installation , turn on debug mode and doesn’t seen any errors…

No one knows it ?

Reviewer also said that my demo doesn’t work “403” permission denied - what is very funny to me.

Well, what I can suggest is to try and install your template in multiple environments. For example, You may be using MAMP or XAMPP and it would have a certain settings or options activated that might not be available on a production environment.

Try installing it on a demo hosting account, or two different demo hosting accounts. You can also try it on free hosting accounts since they usually lack many php settings.
Also, have you tried Theme Check plugin?

I may not be an expert here, but the above might help you :slight_smile:

yes, this option is not available on php 5.3 from 2010.

So maybe TF will add new field when uploading theme from which PHP version theme works?

Install debug bar wp plugin and go through whole theme you will find it.

Thanks but it doesnt change anything … this reviewer try to install theme of some “free” hosting with PHP version older then 5.3 from 2010. PHP in this version was unable to get index value from function that return array ex.

if ( function(abcd)[0] == 1 ){}

In my experience if something can be broken, it will – and it’s always my fault. :stuck_out_tongue:

Illegal string offset "image"

Without seeing the actual code, my guess is they figured out how to call an array key that wasn’t assigned yet. Try adding a check for error handling on that line.

Without seeing the actual code, my guess is they figured out how to call an array key that wasn’t assigned yet - yes

yes, of course I can add even fake string but this errors are from 2010 php version … who is professional in here?

error is easy to be fixed, so just fix it. don’t make any reason :grinning:

btw, congrats for your theme :slight_smile: