I just had one of my latest WordPress themes soft-rejected and here is the demo:
I have the HTML version approved on Themeforest and i have been getting nothing but great comments and feedback on the design from customers .
The reviwer responds with this comment :
- The overall design and aesthetic quality aren’t ready for ThemeForest.
- The typography and visual hierarchy are weak and plain.
- The content need more room to breath.
- Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under ThemeForest’s WordPress category. Your design has an interesting starting concept, but it needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details.
- As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.
Please feel free to submit your feedbacks and comments on the design.