Social Networks Promotion, Referrals & Conversion

Thanks @WaveToys, what an interesting thread guys!

We can confirm 100% what you’re saying: promoting a royalty-free brand on social media has NOTHING to do with promoting other kinds of music or bands.

Stock music is adressed to mostly business while regular music is adressed to individuals. That makes a huge difference on how you should approach your marketing efforts.

Previous to dedicating my life to Audiojungle, I worked as a general manager on the biggest SEO company in Spain and i’ve been around the marketing online field for 6 years.

I explain this because what WaveToys said is true: promoting your brand on the Internet is tough (there are thousands or millions of other similar companies like yours doing the same), you need knowledge and this knowledge comes from dedicating A LOT of time into it.

And when I mean a lot, I mean that we are right now 2 people working full time at Snail Music for example (full time means that we even left our city to go and live in an island to work from there) and, while my partner Fernando makes the music, I’m not even touching an instrument or DAW because all of my time is dedicated to online marketing, strategy and finance.

Despite our best efforts, we are still not profitable, although we’re close to it.

Now, after almost one full year working trying to figure out what’s the best way to promote ourselves, I came across the conclusion than a properly mantained and SEO-oriented Website, a constantly updated Youtube Channel and Soundcloud are the best tools for it, wich are bringing us every month more and more money from referrals.

Forget Facebook, forget Twitter and, of course, forget any kind of PAID advertising like Adwords or Facebook Ads because, even if you acquire some clients through it the ROI is likely not going to be positive.

All these said, you will find always exceptions, like @OlexandrIgnatov or @AurusAudio. While the first one makes the music and manages all the online marketing alone in an amazing way, the second one only focused on making the best royalty-free music of AJ without even opening any social media account or website. Both are amazingly talented and hard working people. They dedicated a lot of time (years) and they dind’t give up, so that’s why they’re successful.

Hope our insights can help anyone of you guys! I’m learning a lot from your experiences, so please keep sharing :slight_smile: and don’t hesitate to ask if something needs to be clarified.

Big hug to all!

10 Likes

Thanks for your great insight and tips!

I would like to add something,
Many people here say it is impossible and it doesn’t work. I disagree, and that only scares and discourages new authors here on audiojungle. I will share just one example of audiojungle author @Alumo who is extremely successful with his youtube channel and his website. Just look at this numbers on youtube ( and this is just one example, there are many more) https://www.youtube.com/user/alumoaudio

So, it takes a lot of time, knowledge and effort , some money (website) , but it’s possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @WaveToys and @SnailMusic for your precious contribution to this thread, helping to clarify some of our doubts concerning external promotion. You brought some light and hope to the more sceptical and disappointed about the dark world that is promoting RF music through Social Media.
It’s good to know that Facebook and Twitter are of almost no value compared to a Youtube channel and a dedicated Website and that it’s possible to achieve good results investing time, effort and some money.

@SnailMusic, being you an SEO expert, may I ask you to share with us your main strategy and some tips on how you achieved the great results you did on Youtube? I think most of us would be really thankful.
It would also be great if @Alumo could share with us some tips on how he achieved those astounding millions of views on his YT channel.

Thanks a lot guys and congrats for your great results! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@SonicFox Youtube is a whole world… you can find here some good advice to start.

What we’re doing is uploading videos with our watermarked music that have SEO titles, searches about royalty-free music that people are doing on the platform regularly.

What is important, though, is to upload regularly every single month.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, it will be very interesting to know the point of view of @Alumo!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing with us the link about how to rank YT videos and for your tips, as well. Really precious contribution @SnailMusic, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes