Social Media icons on your design......... yes/no?

Can you use social media icons on your design? or the name of your company as in ( Flyerpig Presents)? The reason I ask is I have seen approved items with their company name on the flyer.

1 Like

Yes, social media icons and company name both are allowed. Cheers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

? really i have had some soft rejected for this at a time? so u mena that they are were allowed a long time ago, that they did not accept them anymore and that now they are back to accept social networks names and logos? it looks strange …

as for i know u can’t … maybe asking for a moderator or a team member would be a way to make sure …

I will ask a moderator to be sure.

I have seen approved items with their company name and social icons on the design. That’s why I…

I have asked KingDog (Envato Community Team) he is not sure because he doesn’t do reviews, I will open a help ticket.

@mixturethemes
i understand what u are trying to explain and i do not doubt about it … but once again they were refusing at a time, besides, u may feel the other way but lots of things that are not supposed to happen take place all the same , so this is not a proof to see some isolated things sometimes …

for instance, here sexual things are bashed though some guys could manage to have their designs accepted with naked people inside, and even a bdsm flyer has been accepted once … some could make it with some celebs though this is not permitted. BTW, there should not be any low quality item approved, either, though, ask all guys around and all people will tell u that really average things (to say the least) are accepted sometimes

i personally had been soft rejected and asked to take them out a long while ago, so now i am not using them … pls keep in mind that if i could use them i would instead of trying to modify names, replace social network icons with lookalike but different logos or use their initials ,… as it wouldbe more convenient for buyers to use if i could use the real one from the beginning …

now once again, i have no idea, maybe policy has changed again and moved back to the initial one, there is need to ask staff people about it …

The simple answer in NO. You cannot use icons, company names ans social logos. Just think about You try to get approved (in the end you will be approved) but the main goal is what you sell here not being approved.

Social media icons are not allowed in print templates, I know that for sure. Trademarked company names / logos are not allowed, either. For instance, we had to remove mercedes logos from car pictures in recent items.

1 Like

I await the response from the help ticket, but it’s looking like a big fat NO. :wink:

Here are the Envato Guidelines about Trademarks, Social Media Icons, Photos of real world products etc.

I guess that’s a no to Social Media logo’s then, but why am I seeing flyers approved with Twitter & Facebook trademark logo’s on, or have the rules changed recently?

ANSWER FROM ENVATO:-

There are three permitted uses of social media icons in items:

1. Social media icons can be used as part of an icon pack if the icon pack also includes at least 20% of your own icons (to meet our originality thresholds).

2. Items can include social media icons in the download files if the icons are appropriately integrated, in context, into the item’s design. For example, a website theme download might include standard Facebook, LinkedIn and other buttons in the theme design.

3. Item previews can include social media icons only to illustrate the compatibility of the item with that social media platform.

In all of these cases, please follow the social media platform’s guidelines. It’s your responsibility to check and follow the platform’s guidelines.

For more information about use of trademarks please refer here (please see page 2, Social Media Icons).

I hope this answers your question but if you need anything further please let me know - we’re here to assist you.

So I opened a support ticket just to clarify if the use of Social Media Icons can be used on Print Templates, I even sent them a cropped image of a CLUB FLYER that is in the marketplace, the answer is below, make of it what you will.

example

ANSWER
This case would fall under 2. Items can include social media icons in the download files if the icons are appropriately integrated, in context, into the item’s design. For example, a website theme download might include standard Facebook, LinkedIn and other buttons in the theme design.

In this case Social Media button are fine to be used if you are following the social media platform’s guidelines. It’s your responsibility to check and follow the platform’s guidelines.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

I’d consult with an IP lawyer to be sure, however most things like that fall under fair use. I use Michael Lovitz. Tell him I sent you.

not really - I had soft rejection because of twitter and FB icons … :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I have come to the conclusion that you can incorporate Social Media Icons in your mock-up but not in the downloadable PSD…I think!!!

I remember maybe 6 - 7 months ago I got message from reviewer like " please remove social media icons " - so I did, both in preview and in source files :slight_smile:

BUT

I have sollution - Twitter -> don’t use bird logo, use “t” letter - nobody can patent letter, same facebook… try to avoid use straight logos :slight_smile:

1 Like