So What About this PokeMon Go?

Okay guys and gals. So what do you all think about this Pokemon Go? I’ve had it for a few days and it’s already trying to takeover my life!! :wink:

1 Like

Was never into Pokemon as a kid, but I did download it the other day and I have to say – it’s a lot of fun!

Chews up the battery though… :confounded:

1 Like

Maybe Envato’s office should become a Gym :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was disappointed tbh and uninstalled after a moment. It never ceases to amaze me how the game companies who make these google maps based games just don’t put any effort into the actual gameplay and depth. The general concept is really good, it’s a lot of fun trying to find the creatures in the real life, but there’s nothing else that’s fun. The actual process of catching the creature is unintuitive and clunky and the battles are just horrible. When it comes to the actual game, there’s just no point.

2 Likes

Hi @darkchocolatemusic! This is app is new drug for young people. Maybe this app is trying to change the game industry. Perhaps, Pokemon Go this is a new milestone in computer games If young people before and now stayed at home, in their rooms and played CS, WOW, Dota, etc.now it’s time to move actively. Even the title “GO” is pretty fit. It’s definitely an advantage.:thumbsup:
Disadvantage or minus. Just watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=MLdWbwQJWI0 (If link will removed, the title of the video - “Go Pokemon - Vaporeon stampede Central Park, NYC”) - maybe this is the massive degradation?:laughing:They are try to find a new pokemon? Or what? This is weird :-1:
I’m sure.there are have also many pros and cons, but I selected only those as main. In my opinion of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

I play it with my 8 year old, we’ve walked all over the place in 100+ heat these last few days! Besides the frequent app crashes and inability to login all day today… it’s been a lot of fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still not available in my country, so I try ingress. It was fun walking around capturing portal and protecting them. When PKG is online in my country I might play both of them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

"When it comes to the actual game, there’s just no point."
The point is to catch the Pokemon and conquer gyms, that’s the actual game and I think it serves that purpose just fine. I believe this is just one of those games where you’ll have to take it at face value - it is what it is.

Haven’t played a Pokemon game since 2000/2001, but it is pretty fun to play with my gf and other friends, mainly for nostalgic purposes. I do find it to be funny how some people look down on the concept of what the game is trying to do. I feel the same people who griped about kids being in the house too much playing games are the ones now complaining about how it’s too dangerous since it involves you being outside and active. With that said, of course you’re going to have people do really dumb things and blame the game for it - making the game look unsafe. “It said the Pokemon was in the volcano, how else am I gonna catch a Moltres?”

1 Like

Looks like people got robbed playing Pokemon Go! :rabbit:

1 Like

I’m glad i don’t have a mobile phone…

1 Like

The game just became available too in my country a few days ago. Seeing how popular it is, in the beginning I wanted to install it too, but I’ve changed my mind in the last minute and I resisted the temptation :slight_smile:

When I heard of it for the first time, I thought it could be funny. People going out from their houses and from their Nintendo and sitting on the couch…at least they walk and run and go out. But seeing those recent viral videos where people go crazy with their phones in their hands in the parks or on roads… not seeing anything else around, this is indeed scary :scream:

1 Like

Not interested in this crap in the slightest.

3 Likes

When you are wondering why your (Envato) sales go down, take a look why: :tada:
(photo source: http://gamopat.com/article-22933423.html )

4 Likes

You can’t walk the streets of my country with your cellphone in your face looking for pokemons, they would steal you right away. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Where are you from? For information purpose :slight_smile: safety travel

1 Like

Brazil most likely.

1 Like

Its a great game to play. But be advised its highly addictive :wink:

1 Like

Hi John I am from Argentina. I was talking in a joking tone
Perhaps this won’t happen to you if you are in a tourist area in the Capital city on any of our States/ Province. But surely would happen in the suburban areas. :smiley: My country is beautiful and pretty big.

Not all the places are safe or dangerous.Let me know if you ever come here, I ll let you know where to visit :smiley:

1 Like

I’m getting the hang of it… I just got to get this little fella and…

3 Likes

You guys are hilarious!! I’m glad I’m not the only one puzzled by the craze!! :joy: