So Many Search Engine Threads. SILENCE from Envato

Well cat, we can try to stray on topic, but no thread is purfect, there’s multiple sides to every scratching forum post. Some people like to chase whatever tangent runs in front of them and the ones that are black-marked are unlucky. But, if this one doesn’t work you can try 8 more times.

1 Like

Whilst I agree with what you’re saying, why must it all be so black and white? Can’t we reach a logical medium?

Search ‘inspiring’ for example and you’ll see that the first few pages (the most important) are 99% top sellers. Why not allocate 50% to top sellers and 50% to new items?

I’m certain we can have a system that can meet the middle better. It may not please everyone, but it would be a clear improvement to what we have at the moment.

2 Likes

Cat jokes. Clever. But not on topic.

And that’s about how it was before the latest changes. That’s why all the noise from the authors.

I do believe Envato genuinely wants to find the right balance for the search (with buyers interest first, of course) and with each little tweak there is testing time. But the change was presented like something authors have desired, yet in our eyes it mostly ruins the things already achieved and seems to be going in the wrong direction from the very beginning.

8 Likes

1 Like