Sooo… I wanted to post this in case it helps someone outt!
I have been plagued by certain samples / libraries taking an incredible amount of time to load, and I have a very fast and modern workstation. Especially when it comes to certain 8Dio libraries (anthology) this was the case.
Finally, I discovered that in fact it was Windows! To be specific, the in built real-time Virus protection settings. I found that when I disabled it, libraries that hung or took insanely long to load loaded in SECONDS.
So whenever I am working I disable that setting, and the difference has been amazing. If you’re worried about turning it off, just first disable your internet connection.
To turn it off:
- Click the Cortana / search icon next to the windows button on the task bar
- Type “virus” and select “Virus and treat protection”
- Select “virus and threat protection settings”
- Click the buttons to disable “real-time protection”, “cloud-delivered protection” and “automatic sample submission”
- If you forget to turn it on, windows does it automatically after a few hours.
If you’re having the issue I was, this will change your life