Slider revolution wont activate.

I bought the ConstructorOne template and installed it… I also installed the plugins that came with it with success but there is one that i cant activate and that is Revolution Slider…

When i try to activate it i get this error…

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php:71

Does anyone know what causes this ?

/Gerhart

Hi,

Thanks for asking your question at Envato Forum.

Take a look on this article hope will helpful
https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/activate-copy-slider-revolution/

Other wise you can contact with Revslider Author @themepunch

How to contact any Item Author from Here

If they ask about purchase key then collect from Here

Still have any question open a Envato help ticket from Here

Thanks

Hi,

I’ll be happy to clear this for you.

Theme Bundled plugins do not have their own licenses. This means they cannot be activated for updates.All bundled plugins update responsibility is the theme’s author. So you can safely ignore any plugin activation messages. Just always download the theme latest version to get latest update plugins.

You can check this Help article:

Thanks

Hey @Akinseak,

Great advice from the two above. But the error you posted is indicative of an outdated PHP version. Please upgrade to at least PHP 7 – anything less is considered insecure at this point – and in doing so, the error should disappear.

Cheers!

Hi Bailey
I’am running PHP version 7.2. So that cant be the reason. .

Ahh sorry. I should have looked a bit closer. There’s another error to do with [] symbols that is indicative of outdated PHP; yours is a different case.

Yeah, get in touch with the author of the theme you purchased (since it’s a bundled plugin). But if you’d like, you can fix this manually via FTP or a file manager rather quickly and proceed with the install.

(Edit:)

Oh, I see the problem here @Akinseak. The theme has an outdated version of Slider Revolution with this bug. The affected line is actually line 21 in /wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php. You want to change:

private static $arrMetaBoxes = '';		//option boxes that will be added to post

to this:

private static $arrMetaBoxes = array();		//option boxes that will be added to post
3 Likes

Hi msg…
Im not sure we are taling about the same…
The plugin is installed, but its deactivated… and i cant activate it.

That fixed the problem. Thank you Baileyherbert… U saved my day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great! Thanks

Thankyou thankyou! That did the trick