Simple Commercial License - how often to renew for music used in a podcast?

Regarding the “Simple Commercial License” for Envato Elements, how often would I need to renew a song if I were to use it for an on-going podcast? Is one time enough as it pertains to an on-going project, or would I need to renew for each episode?

1 Like

Please go to Elements forum, here is an AudioJungle forum, which is very different market and we usually do not have the knowledge about Elements system :slight_smile:

All the best,
RedOctopus

I would guess once every 50 episodes? At least that’s what the AJ terms say.

Hi

To know more about ‘Commercial License’ in elements please contact Elements Support. Elements Support Team will be happy to help.

Thanks!

HI @caperlive!

Envato Market (e.g. AudioJungle and VideoHive) has different licence terms to Envato Elements. The “50 episodes” comment above refers to Envato Market items that are used as part of a series, which is defined under “permitted multi-use” terms here:

To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first installment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series

If the item came from Elements , there’s no equivalent to AudioJungle’s “permitted multi-use” clause. For each new episode, you’d need to add a license (using the button shown below, which you should see in your subscription downloads page). That ensures that the item creator is properly credited for each use of their item.

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 11.47.22 am