Shopify theme and a WordPress theme

What is the difference between a Shopify theme and a WordPress theme?

One works with Shopify (subscription based e-commerce platform).

The other is a WordPress theme which is typically a blogging CMS bit which can also work for e-commerce websites assuming they have a plugin like WooCommerce or similar included. For these sites you need your own domain and hosting but the commerce element is not a subscription

2 Likes

I understand that, but my question is about WordPress themes that have a Software Version of Shopify
like this https://themeforest.net/item/ap-otis-shopify-theme/19501460

Some themes will have been developed to have versions for each platform (potentially by different authors) but these are separate items so it will not be available for each.

1 Like

Hi,
The main difference between Shopify and WordPress is that Shopify is an online tool/service, whereas WordPress is stand-alone software that you need to install yourself. First, you need to buy a domain and a web hosting account where you can have the default version of WordPress installed.

Thanks

1 Like

i do not ask about Shopify , i ask about WordPress Themes that have Software Version of Shopify
like this https://themeforest.net/item/ap-otis-shopify-theme/19501460

That link is just a Shopify theme - there is nothing WordPress about it.

You can’t have a file that combines the two.

As above there will be items that have both Shopify and WordPress versions, but they will be completely separate items

1 Like

A WordPress theme does not contain any software version of Shopify. The link you’ve provided is a Shopify theme; NOT WordPress.

Thanks

1 Like

thank you very match, i was think that is WordPress theme

Shopify y Amazon son dos sitios comerciales diferentes y yo estoy operando en ambos. Entonces, ¿es este posible uso de “Shopify con Amazon” para vender mis productos? shopify con amazon

hey i need to ask if i buy a wordpress theme can i use that wordpress them and upload it into my shopfiy store or not?

No - you need to use shopify themes if you want to add it to your shopify store