Self-promotion on the forum

Guys I think @CoderGames is trolling ya’s all.

Nope. I’m genuinely sincere, it’s something you probably aren’t used to, so you mistaken it for trolling. If you claim I’m trolling, do provide arguments, you can’t really just insult me out of the blue.

Fair enough.

If you’re not trolling, then you’re arguing for a point that we all agree with anyways.

You said most of the “topics sound extremely spammy”, which is exactly what the post is referring too… maybe you’ve confused the term “self-promotion” but really it’s just the glut of “me me me” posts that the OP was referring to. Not even so much that they are getting a direct sales benefit from linking to their items (they may or may not be depending on the case) it’s just that it clutters up the forum and makes it less useful/fun to participate in, that’s the main concern.

You opened up by saying you don’t spend any time here.

You said “I don’t know forum rules, nor care, don’t have time for it, this is the first time I’m spending more time than I’ve spent on it since I opened up an account here”.

You also said “Yep, that’s what I meant just few seconds ago when I said I’m not reading any posts since most of the topics sound extremely spammy. That’s the reason why I stopped visiting forum.” - Precisely the argument OP was making.

Then you just go on to change your argument to be contrary to who ever responds to you, and talk about “double standards” in some half hearted attempt to insult the mods/community i guess…

So forgive me for calling you a troll but, joining a thread to be contrary after admitting that you don’t spend any time here for the exact reason the thread mentioned in the first place seems a little “trollish”. Arguing for the sake of arguing seems a little trollish as well.

2 Likes

If I insulted anyone I apologize, was not my intention, it was supposed to be a bit funny, I was not serious, after all we all agree this forum is extremely spammy and quite a waste of time.

You wrote : “You opened up by saying you don’t spend any time here.”

That’s factual, I’m sure mods can confirm this. Today, since I’m free, is the day I spent more than I ever did since I opened account here. You can’t really argue with a fact.

You wrote : “You also said “Yep, that’s what I meant just few seconds ago when I said I’m not reading any posts since most of the topics sound extremely spammy. That’s the reason why I stopped visiting forum.” - Precisely the argument OP was making.”

And that “Yep” means I’m agreeing with him and his argument, how you missed that is beyond me. It’s not called trolling, it’s called agreeing.

You wrote : "Then you just go on to change your argument to be contrary to who ever responds to you, and talk about “double standards” in some half hearted attempt to insult the mods/community i guess… "

Ok, so I’m fully aware that many authors get bigger spotlight than me, arrest me if that’s a crime. You think that I’m the only one aware of this? Guess again. And this is not an insult or trolling, it’s factual. Since when stating facts has become trolling. It doesn’t suit you that I’m speaking the truth? Not my problem, please don’t call me a troll.

You wrote : “So forgive me for calling you a troll but, joining a thread to be contrary after admitting that you don’t spend any time here for the exact reason the thread mentioned in the first place seems a little “trollish”. Arguing for the sake of arguing seems a little trollish as well.”

I forgive you.

And, since you missed to address “The All Seeing Eye” remark I made, it was supposed to be funny, but I couldn’t find the appropriate emoji. I’m pretty sure Overseer got it and is not thinking I’m trolling or insulting. I surely wouldn’t dare to do something like that, I’m not insane.

EDIT : … and when I wrote: “Well, since all the profiles, portfolios and items have consistency, it’s just a matter of placing couple regular expressions and forbid links with /user/ and /item/. I can implement that for you, free of charge.” I meant every single word of it, I’m serious, it would solve ALL issues and this topic would become completely irrelevant.

no worries. might be a bit of a language difference not letting some of the sarcasm/humour through.

Ah, yes, glad you noticed, English is not my language. Lost in translation situation :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of conversation here about what people would like less of.

Here’s my question: What would you like more of?

1 Like

I would like more sales please…huge apology to all - Just trying to lighten the mood.

6 Likes

You’re apologizing for no reason, truth be told you weren’t even a part of the conversation with your tiny 3 posts. (I’m joking)

@matthewcoxy I’m actually agreeing with @gballx . Maybe some support to newcomers, more exposure during first few months. I’m past that period, but I’m pretty sure they’d be motivated to put more effort and bring more items of better quality. If I had such support, a starter period, I would have certainly brought forth my best effort.

I would like more control over “Recommended Items”

I could be wrong, but I think Matt is asking about what would you like to see more of on the forums.

1 Like

It’s not the size of post that counts…it’s what you do with it.

1 Like

You’re most likely wrong (my opinion). Forum is so insignificant you could easily shut it down and nobody would notice, except people who participate in it. Please see how many people viewed this topic and if those stats are accurate, and I’m hopeful they are within +/- 5%, then it’s like, probably, possibly, less than 0.001% of all the members, both authors and buyers. Now, this is factual, see for yourself.

But the funny thing is that this thread avoided several Self-Promotion threads in the meantime due to watching and reading all this…well …what?

1 Like

Yes, and that’s what I meant when I said we’re being moderated and watched more than others. I was joking with double standards remark, but it is a bit fishy though, you can’t deny it. My post is being flagged as inappropriate, where I state observable facts, yet, as you mentioned, there were several self-promotion posts since and they were neither flagged nor deleted. It’s fishy, it’s odd, I don’t know what word would be appropriate to avoid flagging.

@CoderGames have you produced any audio for sale on audiojungle?

You need to read posts more carefully before automatically contradicting them. KingDog is right; Matt is referring to improving the forum, which is the entire point of this thread…

All 3-4 were rejected. EDIT: I’m not going to produce any more of audio.

I was just curious. I checked your profile, looks like you’re more of a coder, didn’t see any audio… was just wondering why you were so concerned with us poor musicians over here :slight_smile:

I actually wasn’t aware of it, the title was generic.