Self-promotion on the forum

Read my post above yours.

Here’s what I found when I clicked “New” threads earlier today. This is what I mean. What’s the point of the forum if it’s all about posting threads like this?

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I meant just few seconds ago when I said I’m not reading any posts since most of the topics sound extremely spammy. That’s the reason why I stopped visiting forum.

EDIT: but, since I’m here and already spent more time here than ever before, I’m going to boast about my incredible sales!

And that’s why I started this thread. In hope of harder moderation and some understanding from community mods and Envato.

1 Like

The other poster AlisterBunclark explained to me by posting link toward his item, so obviously you were not clear enough what you meant as he understood it differently. You’re not talking about links, you’re talking about spammy “celebration” topics.

I’m talking about both. The fact that the forum is filled with small celebratory threads, that some of them contain links to items and the vast amount of rejection threads flooding the main forum. I want them in sub categories. Easier to filter out if they’re going to be allowed.

But mainly I’m talking about how spammy the forum has become. Which is clearly stated in my first post.

That is impossible, as moderator has removed my link immediately, how can moderators leave their links and remove mine. EDIT: double standards perhaps?

Well, that’s what I ask as well. Here’s a recent example 9 sales in my first week on Audiojungle and author level 2!

Yep, it’s called double standards. The rules apply only to me, but not to others. You see, it’s extremely simple to forbid the links across entire forum, yet they’re not forbidden, because links have to be allowed for certain people, therefore the rules are there just for the show, a theater, a smokescreen, they’re being only applied to people who don’t belong to the promotional ring. Sorry for being so blunt.

Well, I won’t be reporting other authors threads as I don’t want to rain on anyones parade. I just wanted a more organized, less spammy forum. That’s all.

I’m there with you 100%, but we do not belong to their closed circle / promotional ring, we’re outsiders, so our posts are being monitored and moderated, and then there are those others, the privileged ones.

The link to my item was removed quite rightly, as it is not allowed- I was making a joke to illustrate my point. However, there is a certain recent thread still on the forum in the guise of a celebration thread which has so far driven 32 clicks to that user’s item. How is that thread allowed? So, can I start a new thread celebrating how many times my track has sold, with a link to it? That’s self-promotion isn’t it?

1 Like

Yep, that’s the reality of double standards. We do not belong to their promotional ring, we’re at the bottom of the pyramid, we’re outsiders, so our posts are being monitored and moderated, and then there are those others, the privileged ones. It also has something to do with the countries we’re from. It is not allowed for someone from countries they call “3rd world” to make big sales.

Most are removed, some are missed and some are a fine line between being self promotion or not, depending on the thread in question. It’s a valid issue, so I think it’s a valid thread. You should read the forum rules though!

It’s very simple, I even dare to say trivial, to automatically erase all the links from post before it’s saved in the database. No need for moderation.

Some links are valid though, they depend on the thread.

1 Like

It’s trivial to allow certain links too. For example, if they’re referring some other forum posts, etc. I mean it’s so trivial to implement something like that, that I, personally, am shocked it’s not already implemented and that you allow such self-promotion to take place despite the enforced forum rules. Wow!

Well, since all the profiles, portfolios and items have consistency, it’s just a matter of placing couple regular expressions and forbid links with /user/ and /item/. I can implement that for you, free of charge.

Just a quick note to say I’m watching and reading with interest :wink:

4 Likes

Ah yes, The All Seeing Eye, I wondered where were you.

I apologise in advance but can we all be respectful to all, Envato staff and authors).