Selecting countries you wish to sell to. (or exclude ones)

Hello, fellow creators and buyers!

After a lot of digging in the forums and all the fuss about the withholding tax, envato simply can’t do anything about changing what the law is.

It really feels bad that I get almost no earnings from US buyers, like many other authors.
For example, as an exclusive author, out of a $28 item, I get about $8 when selling to US buyers. And I really feel like not wanting to sell my work for $8 at all.

So, how do you guys feel about selecting countries you don’t want to sell to?

Envato may claim they are expanding the market to US to attract more buyers but still - I don’t want to have to sell an item 3 times to earn as much as selling it 1 time in Europe. As an author, I don’t want to worry about this.

I want to be able to exclude buyers from specific countries with which tax treaty I’m not happy.
or at least be able to add the option for the buyer to pay all the fees.

Living in Bulgaria often means that I can’t buy a lot of things from UK Ebay, for example. 90% of the sellers there refuse to ship to Bulgaria therefore refuse to complete a sale to Bulgarians. And I accept it. I don’t have a choice.

I would be happy to be able to refuse “shipment” of digital item to specific countries as well.

I would be happy read about what other sellers think about this.

1 Like