Seems like I lost all my creativity

Hello ElevateAudio. It has been over almost year since I opened this forum. I’m sorry I didn’t responded back than, but I want to thank you and all fo the rest of the people that responded. I actually followed the advices that I got here and from my friends and familie and took a gap year from the university. I wanted to learn to do things and make things that I like. I wanted to dampen the perfectionism in me and use it as a positive trait. In my gap year I worked 24/7 in a IT shop and saved money so I could travel to Japan. And to Japan I went. After I came back, it refuelled my energy and love for music. I actually made a lot of new concepts and beats, without thinking to much, that I actually really like. I even submitted a track in august that is accepted on audiojungle! I’m buzzed and I just want to thank you and everybody on this forum that helped me rekindle my flame for music.

(PS: I did change my name from the present to viride)

5 Likes

I’m happy to hear this Viride! You’re living proof of how much a break can do.

I think we can get so overwhelmed, so in our heads, so stuck in our mindset that it can destroy so much of our natural creativity and drive… all because we’re focused on the wrong things!

Taking those steps back probably helped you rediscover your bigger picture. Glad to have you back here! :grinning:

2 Likes

A break is sometimes the answer to the unresolved and chaotic questions that we have. I really think that resolving these things by taking a break for example, amplified my drive and creativity! Thanks again for the support!

2 Likes

I agree. Go for a walk, look around you and take inspiration from your surroundings…