Seeking Advice on Rebranding Software Purchased from CodeCanyon

Dear CodeCanyon Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out to seek advice and guidance regarding a situation I’ve encountered with software purchased from CodeCanyon.

I recently acquired a software product from CodeCanyon intending to offer it as a SaaS (Software as a Service) under my company’s branding. As part of this process, I rebranded the software with my company name, domain, and logo to provide a consistent experience to my clients.

However, upon further inspection, I noticed that certain customer-facing files, specifically CSS files, still contain references to the original company name from which I purchased the software. Understandably, this is causing concern as it detracts from the seamless branding experience I aim to provide to my clients.

Before proceeding further, I wanted to reach out to the CodeCanyon community to seek advice on how to handle this situation. Here are some specific questions I have:

1. Is it common for software purchased from CodeCanyon to contain references to the original company name in customer-facing files like CSS files?
  2. What steps can I take to address this issue while ensuring compliance with CodeCanyon’s licensing terms and policies?
  3. Has anyone encountered a similar situation, and if so, how did you resolve it?

I’m open to any suggestions, insights, or experiences that members of the CodeCanyon community are willing to share. Your guidance will be immensely valuable in helping me navigate this situation effectively and ensure the best possible experience for my clients.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards

1- Yes.
2- As you’re purchasing a template and it’s not a custom project that you own the rights, you need to leave the copyright notice as it is.
3- Custom work/job instead of using the templates or just leaving it as it is. Not many people would bother to check the details anyway.