Search engine on Audiojungle is NOT inspiring anymore!

Exactly, well put :slight_smile:

Do not get me wrong, I did not mean it in a way that all the other little authors do not matter, everyone does. I might be seeing it wrong, but if you watch youtube videos, a lot of them have the music from top authors, and when people are searching for ā€œthat cool trackā€ that they recently heard in one of the youtube videos, they might find your track instead, because why not :). So what I mean is that the big guys help this market a lot, they bring the money that keeps this thing running :). Not that the little ones donā€™t.
Anyways this issue is valid, and its not like it is some random thing from some little tiny author like me who is trying to ask for something ridiculous that would only benefit him. I think it will benefit us all! From the tiniest to the biggest!

1 Like

What bothered me the most, as a buyer, is that I couldnā€™t search or filter by BPM.

2 Likes

100% agree with Soundroll and pretty much all comments so far. Just wanted to show my support. Iā€™ve noticed my sales take a sudden 50% drop over past 8 months and a lot of other authors have said the same. This could be down to bad luck, increased competition or because every item shares the same few titlesā€¦also, possibly because I have some tracks registered with AdRev. Iā€™ve heard rumours that this may affect your search ranking. Whatever it is, the website is beginning to look a little ridiculous when searching for tracks. Uploading a track for sale has never felt so much like ā€œthrowing a penny in a wishing wellā€ (very true analogy from Alumo). Envato, take note! De-motivating your authors is a very bad idea in the long run!

2 Likes

I hope itā€™s understood that the only reason weā€™re all here asking for change is because AudioJungle is important to us. Be it the platform for us to express our creativity and earn money on the side, or as the means by which we make a living from full time exclusive work. Weā€™re here because we want to make a great marketplace even better :slight_smile:

I think most of us can agree (if exclusivity is not enough of a reason) that AudioJungle is probably the best marketplace to sell royalty-free music around at the moment.

Itā€™s the closest thing to the ultimate stock audio marketplace for many with a massive international network of talented authors who love to make great music.

Itā€™s a slick and modern site with a very large customer-base.

Itā€™s a fair playing field with balanced pricing and a good licensing scheme.

Itā€™s run by a friendly team of staff who are both helpful and attentive with an excellent review team.

It has one of the coolest communities full of fellow creatives who are always there to support each other.

I could go on. There are loads of reasons big and small why I love this place. However there are also a couple of areas that need improving! The biggest issue for me (and Iā€™m sure most others) is that of the search engine.

Many authors have seen success here and Iā€™m sure we all hope it stays that way! It would be a real shame if Envato didnā€™t act on this.

12 Likes

Dear James,
I think I love you. X

1 Like

Completely agreed with Soundrollā€¦ It is hard to believe this is happening. It would be nice that an Envato staff weights in and make public Envatoā€™s point of view regarding this issue.

By the way Tim, I just played Inspiration Motivation Corporate Epic Track and my 2 years old son started to dance to itā€¦ So maybe, maybe thatā€™s the sound of a new generation :joy:

Let me tell you a storyā€¦ itā€™s about how one of the potential buyers canā€™t find my track

I like metadata. I like ID3. I try to not forget add my name in Artist Name and add the trackā€™s name ib the Album Name section. Then, when someone downloaded my watermarked version of the track from soundcloud or directly from AudioJungle, he or she will find my track. Butā€¦ one day I got e-mail from one of the potential buyers telling me he canā€™t find the track, he has watermarked version with my name as an Artist and track calledā€¦ you name itā€¦ ā€œInspirationā€. I try search in my portfolio the track, but on the first page thereā€™s was no inspirational at all. So manually go throu my portfolio and found it. And share the link with potential buyerā€¦ a few seconds after he was a actual buyer.

Envato, please improve your search engine.

100% agreed, creative names can say much more about mood of the track then generic ā€œinspirationā€

Sales completely stopped!?!?-:frowning:

Like all the people in this thread Iā€™m agree 100%, definitely we must be serious with this because it metters a lot, I think all the authors in audiojungle must unite for this porpuse and claim for a new search engine in audiojungle. I like the rank-tag idea.

1 Like

I agree that the search system is broken, but like before in this discussion, the best solution is not that easy to handle:

1. The search system should allow the person to find a tune with itā€™s title as well. And if there are tunes titled as Inspiring, they should be somehow represented in the results

2. If the search is only done with one word, it doesnā€™t really matter if the system uses titles or tags or whatever, the results will probably still be more or less random or useless.

I mean if somebody decides to find an inspiring track, what in your opinion would be ā€œgood resultsā€ or ā€œnot uselessā€? If somebody wants to actually find a good track, thereā€™s just no way one can do that with single word search. You have to have a more complex search form and system. There are good examples on vacation trip related search forms where you are offered a search form where you can toggle checkboxes for accommodation attributes, holiday contexts etc. In AudioJungle context it would be something like:

ā€œI wanna find tunes that have tags used: ā€œinspiring, positive, happyā€, they should be in genres ā€œcorporate, pop, rockā€, between bpm 100-140ā€ order by latest / order by sales"

3 Likes

Yeah! if one wants a track in 105 bpm specific its a problem. Maybe a ā€œDEEP searchā€ would do.

Agreed. Though the search-by-title issue can be easily remedied in the form of an advanced search option: search by title. In response to your second point, having ranked tags based on importance and relevance to that track could go a long way. Authors could decide the keywords that are most relevant to their track, and thus the highest-priority tags will be what the search engine responds to. Yes, many authors will still use the same old tags (which is fine as long as theyā€™re relevant to the track), but they will have different weightings.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just afraid that what weā€™ll see is mass of tunes having their most important tag being Inspiring and customers doing searches for Inspiring :smiley: I just canā€™t see how we can escape the fact that most of the tunes being sold are of so narrow style and genre.

1 Like

We probably will, and really cant avoid that I guess. But with a ranking like this we can still name our tracks with unique names. It will be better and easier for both authors and customers to keep tracks from each other. ItĀ“s kind of like Nashville country nowadays. Most of it sound pretty much the same, but luckily songs have different names so theres a minor chance you don`t mix up your favorite tunes in your playlist :wink:

I would like to see at least 5 of the TOP TEN authors voting for a new search engine.
May be this time it will be heard from Staff but I donĀ“t think so.

Yes, thereā€™s a lot of plausibility behind that. However if the tags are ordered alphabetically, their order of relevance would be hidden, and although many would still choose inspiring / etc as a high-priority tag, I think this would encourage some more creativity in the SEO department - for instance the tag ā€˜inspiring musicā€™ or ā€˜inspirational background musicā€™ would also be a common search term. One of the reasons everybody uses ā€˜inspiringā€™ is because many of the top sellers have used it - and itā€™s associated with successful tracks. Iā€™m willing to bet that frequent AJ buyers would also have cottoned-on to this, sticking with the format the top sellers use - ie searching a single word instead of phrasing their search differently. Itā€™s a chain reaction, and the only way to see what will happen is to take the first step and make this change. Yes, ā€˜inspiringā€™ is a desired term, but it is definitely not the only way one can search for that kind of music. English is a versatile language full of weird and wonderful words :wink:

Someone thinks that the engine has been modified after September?, I think yes, from there at least for those using not generic names sales decreased abrupt

We agree 100 % with @soundroll , and this has been discussed several times here but unfortunately AJ didnā€™t made any adjustment to the search algorithm.
AJ Maybe make a test for like 1 month and than see the results ?