Search engine on Audiojungle is NOT inspiring anymore!

When hitting “Rock” in the search, “best match” shows no 0-sales/new but starts with 10sales and are weighted for 100+. Is this a new feature?

Cheers!

yeah, i’ve also noticed that something is wrong even though I just have registered here and i’m super insomniac…

It makes sense. Although it’s hard to exactly define what is and what isn’t a ‘best match’… something that has a bunch of sales is more likely to be better than something that doesn’t have a bunch of sales. Yes, something that has one sale today might have ten times more sales then the higher ranked item in a matter of weeks and months… so it’s only an accurate measure if everything was released at the same time (which they aren’t), but they have to go on something to determine what goes where in the results.

I mean, without some kind of AI technology that scans the track for musical composition, quality and forecasted sales, all they have to go on are sales, ratings, comments and views. Cold, hard data. Should an item with less views, less sales and less ratings come above another item in the results which has more views, more sales, more ratings?

That’s the thing with search results… the way the search is configured, some people are going to benefit more than others. They can fiddle around with the algorithm, and one bunch of people will benefit from those changes, but at the expense of others.

I guess the aim for Envato is to make sure that the results presented to potential buyers result in a sale. And from what I can tell, items that have a bunch of sales already, usually sell better than items that don’t… so it would make sense to go down that route. The algorithm may not be perfect, but they’ve been monitoring it and fiddling with it for ten years, so I’d like to think they’ve got a pretty decent handle on what is going to maximise sales, and minimise people having trouble finding what they want… and going elsewhere.

You can always search by date if you’re specifically looking for new items, or items without any sales.

3 Likes

I guess there’s no hard and fast rules, but I’d be surprised if sales weren’t taken into account. If you have images that are selling and making you and Envato money… then it’s unlikely that they’ll want to see you go. Although, on the other hand… if the majority of your images aren’t making you or Envato money, then that’s a different matter.

+1 for using creative titles. Back when I started here, I was using creative titles but never really did much here. This year I’ve decided to give it my all, but asked first about the titling issue on the forums and was told that that’s just the way it works so I caved in and started doing the generic titles which I hate.

How is a buyer supposed to remember which “Epic Cinematic” track they are interested in buying? A creative title is what gives a track personality.

That being said, I’ve written some of my strongest material as of late and sales are dismal. Not sure what to make of the situation here but I love the democratic nature of AJ. What is a musician to do?

1 Like

thanks you bro

Guys, how many symbols from descriptions are used for search? All? I can’t find any info about that…

You’ll have to test it. It’s not written anywhere.

Anyway, it’s a few rows of text, so Wikipedia articles are unnecessary. :grinning:

Hi, people, I’m new to Audiojungle and much is a mystery to me,
but I absolutely do not understand the work of the search engine.
For example: My track “Sport”, but if I type in the search for Sport, then I do not find it …
But if I type Sports then the search finds it on the 1st page (10th position) …

At first I thought that the search is by name, but it is not so,
then I assumed that I was looking for tags, but there were no words in the tags Sports …
the only mention of Sports is in the description.
But, my other track “Action Sports Rock” does not get into the results of the search for Sports, but is output by the result of Sport.

It’s too difficult for me to understand. I do not know how the user should find the right music? Tags - no, Title - no,
Description - possible, but no …
I would like to appeal to more experienced authors, to those who have seen changes to the search engine, how does it work?

It’s because they have chosen a few keywords to show tracks with the most sales (overall, and last month/week).

Words like “inspirational”, “uplifting”, “upbeat”, “corporate” and “sport”. It’s enough for those tracks to just have “uplifting” or “sport” somewhere in the title, but they need to have lots of sales.

They haven’t put “sports” on that list, and that’s why you can find your track. “Sports” yields results with EXACT title match first. Plural and singular forms count as exact matches - sport, sports. But not the other way around in their manually added “bonus list” for popular tracks.

In other words: it is completely pointless to call your track “Inspirational” or “Corporate” unless you have 1,000+ sales. :slight_smile:

One of the first to really take advantage of this (relatively new) change was current #1. Interestingly, they were previously banned for unknown reasons under their old name… But that’s another story.

2 Likes

I read the opinion that in order to be successful, you need, among other things, to work on the correct track title, tags, etc.
But it turns out, while the author does not have 1,000+ sales, it makes no sense how he calls his track …
Maybe my opinion is not quite right, and for sure, they will not listen to me, but, as a beginner, I would like to see a clearer and more transparent scheme as I can promote my music in this market …
In any case, I will continue to create music here.
Thanks!

Don’t listen to opinions. Test the search. It’s easy and takes a couple of minutes. All the answers are at your fingertips.

Yes, I’m doing this … I’m testing the search, so I asked the question: “How does it work?” because he did not find an obvious answer.
But I will continue the research. :slight_smile:

Well, I wrote how it works in my earlier post. But test it yourself so you see it with your own eyes. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I just did a search for ‘‘powerful’’ on Audiojungle trying to understand a bit how the search engine works and found that some tracks that appear in the first page (sort by best match) do not have the word ‘‘powerful’’ anywhere, not in the title, not in the description and not in the tags. I know this is a little old thread but I found it relevant.

Any idea?

I only found one track in the first page that didn’t have “Powerful” anywhere. But it doesn’t really matter, as the search engine treats some words the same - like power and powerful, inspiration and inspirational, dog and dogs, etc.

Hi people!
I wanted to see how the search engine works and to see on which search page my songs appear. I was curious to see since I don’t know what the criteria is. Along the way I found some strange things. For example, my song named “Soul Food” is described as soul, sexy, retro vibe track, so I searched by the words ‘soul sexy’.
I didn’t find my song in any of the 22 (sometimes 23, 24) pages of the search results even though, it contains half of the searched keywords and those words are contained in the description and tags.
All the other songs that are given as a result of the search, each time appear in the same order.
Any suggestions to why that is?
Thanks

Hey mixedsoundZ!

The way the engine works is kind of a mistery as Envato oftenly performs tests and tweaks on how it sets its hierarchies. That said, nowadays it’s extremely name driven so you might consider giving your track a name as closer to the keywords you expect the buyers could use as you can. Of course that is quite annoying because it leds to pages after pages of tracks named exactly the same, but that’s how things work at the moment.

A tiny piece of advice: you may want to include the two-word tag ‘soul sexy’ among your tags. That could slightly improve your track’s positioning.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for your replay and for your two-word tag suggestion.
I’m just still surprised that it is possible my song not to appear even once in the search results despite containing the keywords.