Search Algorithm Update

Hi, I’m new on Envato and couple of weeks ago I published my 1st template, it was salling pretty good and very constantly - about 4-5 sales per day, I was excited and going to make more effort on it, make it better, now since search engine changed (about 2 days) I didn’t have any sale. In search on the top appears oldest items with shortest names like “CV timeline” for “CV”. My only hope is that this is just temporary state of search engine and they are working on it, or I completely don’t see any sense for new people to join the Envato. Most of the buyers make search in best match and don’t look in other filters, with this update there shouldn’t be set default filter with “any date” value at least. Curretly on the top of search by keyword “CV” appears item published on 2010 with no updated since then, is it right?

6 Likes

Hi, I don’t know if this is related to new search algorithm, but I can’t see any of new items in search “sort by newest items” for more then 12 hours! When I check “New” feed from main page, there are plenty of items which I can’t see in search… including one of mine :confused:

1 Like

Same here, my new Trailer, approved about 3 hours ago doesn’t appear in the search.

3 Likes

Same here. I have no sales even though my track is in the Popular files and no new items in the search. Dear Envato, please do something.

1 Like

The new search is not fair to new authors!

5 Likes

From what I see it seems these changes is affecting ThemeForest too. Our item was in the first result for the ‘architecture’ keyword, after the new update to the Search Algorithm our item is on the 8th place and the 1st place now belongs to a theme of 2013 by a top a author. What’s the purpose of the new algorithm, is to favor top authors?

3 Likes

Yes it affects TF too, and it’s really odd - all ThemeForest staff is about new fresh templates/design, now when you serach CV in 1st place you see template published in 2010 with very old design, even don’t responsive and it’s first impression buyers will have. All latest cv/resume templates are gone, before when you search you saw the best ones currently on the market, now you see the oldest ones - really strange decision, especially for TF items.

2 Likes

The only way to be on top is to put short name like Resume/CV and nothing more, I changed my template’s name a bit, so it appears a bit higher but seems this way all templates should have very similiar names.

Silly decision from the market perspective, TF should always offer updated items with the current market trends and with a fresh design, not a project with more than 4 years old in a field where tech is always changing.

2 Likes

This Search Algorithm is awful. The first field gives strange old projects, with sales since 2012, and current projects are beginning to go from the third page((

2 Likes

For several hours my page is not updated, what is the cause?

I work everyday and night just to see this new search algorithm??

3 Likes

Sales have not fallen . I think a good solution yet

1 Like

Hello, everybody!)
It’s interesting, but strange changes!
I think, that creative employees Envato can find more qualitative and fair algorithm for all authors.
I worked for Envato 2 last years, its was great time with new opportunities and knowledge!
I increased my portfolio and and was inspired!

But my problem, that I have not track with big sales!
And after introduction of new algorithm all my work of this years is nonsensical…

I think, that this is problem of many authors, which have not “Envato hit”.

As a result,these authors is losing previous progress due to with introduction of this algorithm…
I noticed a serious decline of sales after that!

Thank you for your attention! :smile:

1 Like

I think this is absolutely temporary, Envato will change weight of new items, like it has been before. They understand that fixing name issue shouldn’t affect weight of new items.
As people most likely searching by default searching Parameters,
Let’s see what it does:

1. Old, not actual items appears (not for audiojungle, photodune etc.)
  2. Nobody will create new items, because they will be not sold.
  3. No concurrence, no moving forward, no motivation, no inspiration.
  4. New authors will most likely change to non-exclusive or even move to another company.
  5. No new authors, no affiliation.
  6. Just count money, at least. Top authors earn envato - 30%, new 50%, Envato income in 40% decline.

So they will change this, they MUST!!!
People who WORK should earn money.

Envato!!! Let’s move forward!!!
Let’s create competition, it will motivate all of us, and together we will make company even better.

5 Likes

Yeah this definitely didn’t help anything it killed the results for Themeforest, please modify it or change it back to the way it was. I swear sometimes it feels like you guys aren’t testing anything and just release random updates like this which weigh very heavily on sales.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, there are a few issues with search at the moment, including new items not appearing, we are working hard to resolve these issues. Thanks for your patience.

12 Likes

How can I understand this is very bad solution for non top authors, buyers who want to buy top sold music can use “Sort By: Best Sellers” Envato not built only by buyers and Envato Staff, Authors Is Basis of Envato . No Authors` No Media, No Media No Buyers and Envato Staff!

Great to hear, you guys need to tighten up your QA/QC process or something…

Thank you for answer, now all’s clear. Will wait)