Search Algorithm Update

What happens, no sales, Customers are leaving with Envato??.. I see that all lost sales…

Is “michelle robinson” right ? : Sales are falling just because we’re in january ???

If She is right, why they did start new search algorithm in january ???

I must admit I’m thoroughly amazed at how quiet the staff has been on this most pressing issue. Like others, my sales dropped by nearly 90% since the day this change went into effect. Like many others here, I depend on the few sales I get here at AJ and having that drop off overnight is painful.

While I have faith that things will be rectified, I urge the staff to please hear the people and get this fixed sooner than later. This should be a simple fix: **

JUST PUT THE OLD SYSTEM BACK!

** (please)

18 Likes

This is a very serious issue. This new search has had a massive effect on the performance of new items in the marketplace. Having a sales-dominated search engine is definitely not the way to fix the search engine. I cannot upload any new content until this has been fixed.

Please, bring the previous algorithm back.

17 Likes

My sales have dropped 80% since the new search was introduced.

When author after author can attest to similar, devastating decreases, it becomes clear that this is no coincidence.

A for-profit business is no place for haphazard experimentation, as it is patently unprofessional.

We (your suppliers) have a reasonable expectation that you be aware of, and sensitive to, the real financial effects of these changes.

Please, Envato: You are messing with people’s livelihoods here.

We implore you: Please bring back the old search!

16 Likes

During the 13 days of January I have only one sale. I can not take it as a norm or a seasonal phenomenon.
What is the point for authors writing new works, and quality of their work, if they do not have any chance to be seen and purchased?
Envato, please return the old search algorithm!

11 Likes

I am with everyone else. With consistent uploading I usually get at least 5-7 sales a week and I was hoping that would steadily increase over time but now I am hardly selling anything at all.

If this isn’t resolved in a month or so I plan to take all of my music off of my profile and sell it somewhere else.

Please Restore the previous search system.

V

10 Likes

From my perspective as a new author I’m finding it difficult to gauge if I’m on the right track with my songs. If things were as they were before and I’ve made the sales I have (1 sale from 4 songs since start of January) I would be looking to change my approach to writting. But from reading above I see established authors are not getting any sales either so I’m a bit in the dark if I’m on the right track or not.

1 Like

Hi, Michell, I can confirm that something is unusual happening regarding my sales too. Since you have launched the new algorithm, sales decreased. I was thinking it was because of the holidays, but it is now almost two weeks over, and still something strange with the sales graph. To exclude the titles from the search algorithm is all that I wish you would change. So, I would like to see some response from the staff, explaining us what is happening right now and where are we regarding search algorithm changes?

33 Likes

If everybody’s losing money, they are losing money too :
So what the hell are they doing ? It’s only a file search engine not a program for a NASA spatial project…

8 Likes

My sales also fell by an average of 70%. Please return the old search algorithm!

6 Likes

Im actually quite suprised that we still have no update or at least some kind of response to let us know that they are aware, working on it, or that something is going to change soon.
People are actually depending on these sales and it is quite obvious something is wrong at the moment after seeing the huge decline in sales for many authors.

I see patience is running out for most of us now, but yet we are left hanging for some reason… Could we please get a update on this situation Envato staff? Many thanks!

8 Likes

please Envato, bring the previous algorithm back
and add an option or something like:

search by title only // search by tags // search by item description

6 Likes

sales are 70% gone… why fixing what wasnt broke ???
Now its broke.

:slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Soundroll did noise about old algorithm…and now noise about new algorithm
lol:)

I think its good idea to bring previous algorithm back

make noise? it’s our job! :wink:

6 Likes

At least for a time, until they have something better!
P.S. For me previous search algorithm was completely ok.

1 Like

I really don’t think it is okay to have endless tracks entitled Inspiration.

That is why many authors have tried to get the Title removed from the search algorithm.

1 Like