Search Algorithm Update

I think the lever effect also is affected. Where new track shows up all have 2 or 3 sales for a full page

1 Like

Please return the old search

9 Likes

+1000 Please return the old search algorithm.

Just look at the popular items page…with the exception of the few recently ‘featured’ files (and the 1 fantastic track from studio89 - that gained traction before the search engine was changed I might add), almost ALL old items with ratings.

New items currently don’t stand a chance…this is VERY BAD.

Please fix this.

9 Likes

I find it hilarious that as soon as they change the search algorithm everyone wants the old one back. With the way this marketplace works, I think there will ALWAYS be controversy around the search algorithm because it works differently for everyone.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, in this case, that’s simply not true. The changes made were very destructive to the performance of new files under a specific set of titles. The issues complained about before we’re not the same as those existing here.

Beforehand the only problem with the search was that we needed to use one-word titles for it to work. Aside from this annoyance, the way the algorithm dealt with files was perfect. Now we face the issue of a results page loaded with pages and pages of old, top selling files with absolutely no chance for new content to be discovered.

The ThemeForest search algorithm has changed recently too in favour of old items from Elite authors. Many of which no longer sell. I made a post about it here: Search Algorithm Favouring Elite Authors

Cheers,
Klaye

I see what you mean. I guess I’m not selling enough yet to notice a big difference.

All of this discussion around the search algorithm just motivates me to do my own marketing outside of AJ. I don’t want to rely only on the search.

3 Likes

You’re also not using the more sought after titles - which were the only ones affected in the search. Unfortunately these are the most popular search terms, and they are all badly damaged by the new algorithm. Hoping to see some news soon!

Envato please answer - it is the final version of the search or are working on it? My sales have fallen 4 times. And now all my sales it is only old files.

8 Likes

Please bring us back previous search engine!

6 Likes

Keep other musicians. Sales fell. Will there be any changes?

1 Like

Sales fell by 90%.
Will there be any changes?

4 Likes

I always ask myself why customers prefer tracks with a lot of sales? Isn’t it better to buy something unique and fresh for your project? Or maybe I’m missing something? Does somebody have an idea? I’m not talking about search engine here but about customer preferences.

What happens, no sales, Customers are leaving with Envato??.. I see that all lost sales…

Is “michelle robinson” right ? : Sales are falling just because we’re in january ???

If She is right, why they did start new search algorithm in january ???

I must admit I’m thoroughly amazed at how quiet the staff has been on this most pressing issue. Like others, my sales dropped by nearly 90% since the day this change went into effect. Like many others here, I depend on the few sales I get here at AJ and having that drop off overnight is painful.

While I have faith that things will be rectified, I urge the staff to please hear the people and get this fixed sooner than later. This should be a simple fix: **

JUST PUT THE OLD SYSTEM BACK!

** (please)

18 Likes

This is a very serious issue. This new search has had a massive effect on the performance of new items in the marketplace. Having a sales-dominated search engine is definitely not the way to fix the search engine. I cannot upload any new content until this has been fixed.

Please, bring the previous algorithm back.

17 Likes

My sales have dropped 80% since the new search was introduced.

When author after author can attest to similar, devastating decreases, it becomes clear that this is no coincidence.

A for-profit business is no place for haphazard experimentation, as it is patently unprofessional.

We (your suppliers) have a reasonable expectation that you be aware of, and sensitive to, the real financial effects of these changes.

Please, Envato: You are messing with people’s livelihoods here.

We implore you: Please bring back the old search!

16 Likes