Seamless Looping

Hi guys

I’m trying to work out a way to seamlessly loop video clips but I really struggle with some. Do you have any pointers for me? all help much appreciated

Well it honestly depends on the type of animation you are trying to loop. Could you give some more specifics on your project so we have more info to go on?

To create a seamless loop you need to make sure that the first frame of the resulting file looks exactly like the frame that will follow the last frame of the result. Many people mistakenly make the first and last frames look the same, but then you will have a hitch, as that frame will be repeated on playback.
A cheap way to do this that will work most of the time.

• Split your video layer in half. (A,B.)
  • Bring the second half (B.) to the beginning of the comp and drag the first half (A.) to the end.
  • Crossfade B<–>A

Voila! Seamless Loop

by crossfading you mean the opacity transition ?

well for example with trapcode particular i find it quite hard to loop sertain animations

Yes, the Opacity.
If it’s for trapcode particular then I would follow the awesome tutorial by “Chris Kelley”:http://themographblog.com/2008/04/15/loop-particular-the-right-way/ on How to loop particular the right way.

which exactly is the opacity transition?

To create a seamless loop you need to make sure that the first frame of the resulting file looks exactly like the frame that will follow the last frame of the result. Many people mistakenly make the first and last frames look the same, but then you will have a hitch, as that frame will be repeated on playback. A cheap way to do this that will work most of the time. * Split your video layer in half. (A,B.) * Bring the second half (B.) to the beginning of the comp and drag the first half (A.) to the end. * Crossfade B<-->A

Voila! Seamless Loop

Daniel este tip es muy bueno! Te debo una! Como te va? Espero que muy bendecido!! Te habias perdido por aqui…ya dias no te miraba… :wink:

Dios te bendice…

btw your post said it was posted 11 months ago…lol

Some useful stuff: http://themographblog.com/2008/04/15/loop-particular-the-right-way/