Sales drop across all Envato platforms?

I am very small AJ author (in terms of sales) . But somehow this month is the best of all time for me, period.I think thats because i started to upload tracks on a regular basis, finally. And i see some new guys who just rock this market with amazing sales this month (300+ sales). Even though i cant even dream about hitting such a huge amount, this month is still the best for me. Maybe you guys should push a little harder with new items, espiecially if you already had great sales before

1 Like

You may be lucky enough but we are not :sweat_smile:

Things are really bad. Envato was better. Being an author with very low sales can be normal, but being an author with very low sales and being ranked bellow 2500th across all marketplaces with many authors is scary for real.

1 Like

I can say since the latest changes which Envato changed their author fee etc. things are going pretty bad as it forced me to update item prices thus this effected sales very, very badly.

I really started to wonder if Envato (CodeCanyon to be specific) is really worth the effort. I bet if I could do more sales on my own rather than using Envato platform.

That’s why I really don’t have any willing to add any more items much less any advanced items which requires more work = more support = more time.

Sales are almost dead for the last 4-5 days. Really terrible

The same, sales drop on 70% for us after cyber monday, xoxox Merry Christmas

Sales have never been better for Envato. The thing is that sales are distributed between more developers than ever. You need to find new ways to get traffic to your themes as TF has their limits. Making the best theme there is no longer guarantees you success and you need to think about marketing more than ever.

There is no easy money anymore and it is time when many theme stores will go out of business. Especially ones that were looking for mass producing themes without thinking twice about marketing or even quality.

Actually, i do not agree fully… Things went from slow to very bad in a matter of weeks. It did not degrade gradually.

For example, when the summer vacations ended which extended deep into September, we got quite a massive climb in sales. After ADP came in things went bad in a week. up to 40% bad. We managed to normalize it with quite a big effort in marketing.

I agree with you that we need to invest more, but the main debate in my book is not that but what Envato brings to the table. For some of us, a bit older authors things changed, meaning 30% or the fixed fee price now should go a bit lower.

There have been quite a few debates about this but well Envato is a private company and they are foremost watching on their own interest here. For example, the ADP brought overall prices down and got us authors in a mad price war,we are still not dwelling hard into that, but as things progress we will have to and that means more and more authors will and then overall prices will go down sales will again level up, more and more money into marketing less into quality, design, support etc.

On the other side, Envato earns more because well they do not suffer the price cuts because of the fixed fee, which is a genius, greedy, but none the less genius move.

Along the good old days of not investing much time so have the good old days of Envato caring more about Authors also passed.

There are many ways they could bring more traffic, but there is no interest. A better referral system, for example, is one of them, so more people choose to refer to Envato markets, which if I remember you correctly, you should know very well :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

Hey guys,
I’m author since October 2016
October - 22 sales
November - 30 sales
December - 1 sale :frowning:
Yes, advertising through social networks, youtube is strongly recommended.
But the best advertise for me is to create unique items which can boost my older items. :slight_smile:

Maybe all the projects in year end seem to be closed :smiley: . I think so.
Maybe next year in January is better. Hope we all have more sales.

Im on videohive. Drop from November (nothing new till now). I have seen that envato changed the we upload the things, maybe that change and made a trouble? What if the clients still can purchase, just we the ones who don`t see how much of the things already bought?

I have good sales at October and at first part of November, but then sales drop down. At December some days sales good, some days sales are low.

Good sale in last of October and November, but start December with low sale :frowning:

I have the same problem!! (working on Graphic River)
My new item is approved 3 days ago. And I have try almost all major marketing source like social media, Google Ads etc. Also I’m getting 100+ views on my new product each day. But still NO SALES.

Something wrong with Envato!!!
Its really really bad thing.

My personal record this month is 12 unique views on my item with 4 sales from them :smiley:

Sales are really bad here too, now waiting for a miracle.