Sales almost stopped from last 4-5 days

Take a look that ‘Mount Everest’ - under average here and unstable May. Anyway, i have few new items (VH + AJ) that are not selling from some reason… Really frustrating when you wake up in every morning last 2 weeks and see that your day has started really bad, you are fighting to correct that green lines but it’s just like ‘locked’. Wondering why no one could explain us what is going on?

1 Like

They are experimenting and playing with links and search results. Nothing more to explain. Placing links to subcategories in popular items. Then removing or changing them with other links. That kind of stuff + the manipulated search results of course. I am closely watching the analytics and those links placements for the last few days. There is a pretty clear and visible pattern. 3 sets of sub-category links on WordPress weekly popular items. Rotating them every few hours.

The result - “Mount Everest” today, “Marianas trench” - tomorrow, “Mont Blanc” - for the other day etc.

Of course, there are other fluctuation factors like hours when the links for your category is active. When they are active in the biggest markets active hours - sales are going fine. Otherwise it’s average or none at all. I was really curious and dug into this for the last 10 days. The pattern is quite clear.

3 Likes

March was great, then April started like sh1t and ended with a great loss.

May… well… this will be probably the worst week since 2012 for me.
Something really bad is happening, the ship is sinking for not-top10 authors and there are no news nor moves from Envato.

Just thinking about 2012 when I started, now is deeply sad.

4 Likes

The question is why was March great and why they do not repeat it?

1 Like

Envato surely changed some strategies and/or is moving traffic away from marketplace.
Also continuous search engine changes don’t help at all. (to be honest I was never convinced by the “new” search algorithm)

1 Like

It’s hard to disagree. On different PCs there are different search results, the same item can occur many times on subsequent pages of search results, constantly changing items layout (A/B testing), unclosable elements banner, identical themes from the same author that differ only in support for specific plugins, themes priced at $13 while templates priced at $29, misleading SALES. Chaos, that is not conducive to stable sales.

8 Likes

Again! New record of lowest week. We are breaking New records every week :joy:

3 Likes

A celebration is in order. Cheers! :champagne:

Yes and drinks are on Envato :joy:

1 Like

Was hast Du gesagt?

Slight improvement in sales this week for me :slight_smile:

For us, last week started ok… then from Thursday it started to fall again and this week it’s bad… just does not make any sense to me. I see a fall in google analytics on visits also, it’s a dip from last week from one day to another.

This should not affect sales that much yet it did… sales started to drop last Thursday and went down, this week it’s already on 35%. The weekend was utterly disappointing.

March was good, April suffered a massive hit due to holidays I presume and if the pattern continues so will May.

Searching for an extraordinary reason and the only thing I can relate is the US dollar declining and EURO rising due to French positive outcome and the USA Trumping effect :), but I doubt it since this is only our analytics. I guess will see on Monday.

Just our report :slight_smile:
Will keep you notified if or when the sales go up again.

Cheers

1 Like

So far this month I’ve had more sale reversals than sales. :+1:

1 Like

Graphicriver pages do not work properly, normally the sale stopped when the item was not visible. One of my action has simply missing when it moved to the next page. Is there anyone else problem with this?

A dead weekend going on :neutral_face:

1 Like

Slowest Monday in years :confused:

1 Like

You do realize Monday has hardly started in most of the world? In the US it’s still Sunday evening/night…

Sorry, but I was talking as per the Australian time

1 Like

The Orb of Darkness was activated by the Illuminati yesterday - who knows what affect that’s had on the world!

Watch this and turn on your speakers: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/22/one-orb-to-rule-them-all-image-of-trump-and-glowing-globe-perplexes-internet
:wink:

`-.`'.-'
                                   `-.        .-'.
                                `-.    -./\.-    .-'
                                    -.  /_|\  .-
                                `-.   `/____\'   .-'.
                             `-.    -./.-""-.\.-      '
                                `-.  /< (()) >\  .-'
                              -   .`/__`-..-'__\'   .-
                            ,...`-./___|____|___\.-'.,.
                               ,-'   ,` . . ',   `-,
                            ,-'   ________________  `-,