Sales almost stopped from last 4-5 days

I KNEW IT! :flushed:

5 Likes

Has it been an exception or is it still happening? Iā€™m desperate because the sales has been dropped drastically. I thought it was a bad week but this donā€™t stop.

All because of the Envatoā€™s unbelievably wrong moves.

Sales stopped since 21st April :frowning:

2 Likes

That because top author reduce price to $39 and keep this price so long :frowning:, thatā€™s not pair with other author

Only the top selling items/author will win with this price, to be honest we cannot beat them with the price belong with their prestige as well.
We can compete with our same-peer author, not these top ones.
Welcome to the hell, we have to prepare for a safe leave, cannot team up so many people to get pennies anymore.

1 Like

Iā€™m agreed with you. The best example is the great theme Avada. Its price is only 39$!! Their sales two week ago were about more than 2000 sales. And the previous week more than 3000 sales (exactly 3341). Is it a coincidence or with that price its sales arenā€™t going to stop increasing? The next week a new record :wink:

Thatā€™s shameful, Envato!
There are no sales in the middle of the week!

I can track (via @Stattie tool) that actually the total sales of the market doesnā€™t change much, itā€™s just all the possible generated sales have come to TOP AUTHORS & items.
I am not a data analyst so I believe @Stattie will give a clear report about this soon.

Envato is not a heaven where you can earn from what you love to do.
Business and revenue is their first priority. They still have to fight for money. Please understand this, people.
Honestly, we should consider a move out of this.
The X PRO from Themeco seems to be a transitional escape from this dying marketplace and it is a very wise transitional move.

My 2 cents,when authors cannot fight with Elements, they come back to kill other authors to survive.

Wow, I have a feeling that Iā€™m in the middle of the Season 1 of the Walking Dead Series.
Avada & Be, the 7ā€¦ other top authors (with sale price set) is ā€œNeganā€, they have strong potential, they can kill anyone.
Hopefully, we can find ā€œRickā€ among us to lead us to the final season.

1 Like

Well, it seems Envato doesnā€™t care about the authorsā€™ situation & the drop of their sales.
Not a single comment from the staff.
(Not that I expect a comment that is somehow ā€œdifferentā€ from the generic ones)

Continuous ELEMENTS banners (spam) ALL OVER THE MARKETPLACE tells the whole story.
Spam is strongly prohibited here ; but it seems if itā€™s coming from Envato itself, itā€™s considered OK.
(You know what is SPAM, right?)

My humble suggestion to authors who struggleā€¦:

Act like tomorrow the ThemeForest will shut down.
It may happen sooner than you think.
Have second plan (or even better, make your ā€œsecond planā€ your ā€œfirst planā€)

3 Likes

50% OFF! ā€¦ SALE! ā€¦ 25% OFFā€¦ 40% OFFā€¦
Ridiculous prices everywhereā€¦
Proud with this, Envato?

Total sales volumes vary greatly during the week, but remain stable in the average monthly sales (this is the top 20 chart in the WordPress Corporate Category)

And sales history since february:

As shown by the deeplab.io statistics discounts give 10% - 200% increase in sales only at the first 2-3 days,
In proof of oneā€™s words here statistic of avada price and sales trend statistic:

as you can see, after 2-3 days of discount, sales falls into place like it was before.

The fact that the top-sellers cut the price twice says only that the revenue will fall by 2 times and the growth in sales will remain the same because of demand that has not increased.

All data presented by deeplab.io

4 Likes

It disappeared on my desktop for good, but check with mobile - no matter how many times you click on that damn close button, it just pops up again in 2-3 days which is utterly annoying but heck, who cares?

1 Like

Yesā€¦ very funny!! :grinning:

Whats up here Envato!?
24 hours out of sales in the middle of week!

1 Like

The competition is big now, create better products, update old ones, or elese die , simple as thatā€¦

Many are already doing that for NOTHING and thatā€™s the problem.

time you lose complaining in the forum is time you lose to code. back to work guys :smiley:

1 Like

Is true that things has changed and Envato is doing the same mistake as all companies who found success, they forgot where they started and how important are all authors not just the top ones. They are making hudreds of milllions they are happy they donā€™t really care about the average authorā€¦ too bad for us I guess. When they will wake up it will be too late but at the same time they will be sooooooooo rich so I donā€™t think it will matter :slight_smile:

We live in a sick world with broken systems. If you think this is unfair please watch my health issues you will be horrified and appreciate more that you are able to write code and be part of this world as a normal human

2 Likes

Itā€™s odd, I just never had so many consecutive days with zero sales, and the last 2-3 months really were on a good upward trend until April 23rd when something seems to have changed: