Sales almost stopped from last 4-5 days

Do you think that Envato will do anything? Have you thought to start selling in other website? What do you think it is the best alternative?

Just got a ā€œsale reversalā€ AFTER 2 MONTHS of the actual sale ā€¦
More than 60 days!
(it seems there can be salesā€™ reversals even after SEVEN MONTHS, as far as I read from an other forum post - What about that - You think that makes SENSE?)
Envato now has a new policy that gives customersā€™ money after a while?
(I hope no one comes just to say ā€œhey thatā€™s not envatoā€™s fault but bla blaā€)

This is nothing but a place to abuse authors.

We look to see our salesā€™ are advancing, but the opposite happens.
What a great PLUS , right?
What kind of a marketplace is that?
Our customers are buying our items, downloading it, using it for months (and can do forever) , and taking their money back??
This looks like a great deal!!!

(hahaha, this would make a great Advertisement on Google ; ā€œcome sell with us and see your salesā€™ reversalsā€ - What about that!)

If I am still here after all those insults to authorsā€™ faces, thatā€™s because we have family health issues and I need every single dollar from my portfolio.

But you know, my time will come too.

Based on your post, itā€™s apparent you still donā€™t know what a reversal is or how they work. Hopefully I can clear it up for you once and for allā€¦

1. Anything paid for using a credit card or Paypal can be reversed. Not just on Envato, but anywhereā€¦ Amazon, iTunes, Hotels.com, your local pub, the supermarket.

2. The company that sold the items cannot approve or deny the reversal. The money is taken from them automaticallyā€¦ they have no say in it.

3. Consumers have up to six months to instigate a reversal.

So you can blame Envato all you want, but you should be blaming consumer protection laws and regulations when it comes to financial institutions and the sale of goods. As for the ā€˜new policyā€™ you mentionā€¦ Iā€™m not aware of any new policies. If youā€™re on about reversals then you should know that reversals have been going on before you sold your first item hereā€¦ thereā€™s nothing new about them.

I donā€™t care.
What about ā€œauthor rightsā€?

CUSTOMER IS MY CUSTOMER!
And I donā€™t want to ā€œreverse a saleā€!

They got their download, I get my money.

then this happensā€¦:

They still have the download, and yet they get their money back (Please letā€™s not start "hey envato prevents them from downloading bla bla - REALLY?)

THIS - IS - ABUSE!
Simple.

So you understand the process, you know that nothing can be done, and that itā€™s not Envatoā€™s faultā€¦ but just want to let off steam? Thatā€™s fair enough, go for it.

2 Likes

ā€œ$13 WordPress Themes.ā€

Michael Moore, where are you?

EDIT: By the way, it seems one of my comments was DELETED.
Why, for stating the obvious?

The recent comment?

1 Like

Yes, friend, on this thread about the ā€œ$13 WordPress Themesā€ NonSense.

1 Like

Please be aware of our long standing forum rule to not call out other authors or items. That is why the comments were removed. Thanks!

2 Likes

Donā€™t you (Envato) think that those prices are NonSense and something should be done about them?

No. You are alone shouting here. Whatā€™s going is wrong but still we canā€™t blame anyone for anything. Whatever is coming through our way is out fate because we are using this platform to sell our items. You literally canā€™t blame any1 here in envato. Make your choice and move on

I donā€™t think anyone is bothered here about any price issues, refunds for no reason, No sales, no traffic coming in to our products and promotions of elements in themeforest checkout page and item pages etc.
Thatā€™s why all are silent. You alone canā€™t force envato to decide what to do. Reminds me of a freedom fighter Mahatma Gandhi ji. Needs a revolution to change this. You canā€™t do this alone brother !!!

1 Like

This is not about a revolution friend, but common sense. We should be able to demand common sense here, right? We deserve it. PRICING must be fixed. (that would be a great FIRST step)

1 Like

So just to clarifyā€¦ weā€™re looking for a freedom fighter to fight for our right to not have the freedom to chose the price of our items?

1 Like

No. We need TRESHOLDS that makes sense :wink:

1 Like

I believe @Bedros is expecting responsibility from this marketplace to protect the author from abusive and misleading ADP. There are currently tons of authors who feel deserted by envatoā€¦

1 Like

I think if freedom to set your own price making things unsustainable then there is surely the need to put some restrictions to that freedom and if the measures not taken at right time then we definitely need few Freedom Fighters :wink:

Also IMO you can not expect everyone here in the market to set price for their items that can be justified. A min to max range needs to be implemented in the fields instead of just suggesting the price there.

1 Like

Our sales became more or less fine recently, though the fluctuation did force us to make a significant investment in marketing and ads, also a promotion with discount in a week.
However reading all the loud yells here I just have to ā€œprotectā€ Envato. NB: we come from CodeCanyon, not ThemeForest.
First of all, just like you try to run your theme design business, Envato tries to run their marketplace business. The primary goal of any business is income, revenue, and Elements is a great business model for them: instead of occasionally selling 1-2 themes to random buyers, they sell recurring subscription. I am sure that if instead of selling your themes for $50 you would have an opportunity to sell subscriptions for these themes for $5/month, you would go for it.
Secondly, I just cannot understand the drama from WP theme authors regarding Elements. Envato didnā€™t put a WP category there, as this would damage their own income, ThemeForest WP category is the major sales driver for whole marketplace. Elements themes are mostly for categories that do not usually have so much sales.
Third, the overall attitude of many authors is puzzling for me. Envato is a marketplace, not your mother. If your theme is not so much different from another one, that someone is ready to sell for $1-$5 revenue - itā€™s not Envatos fault. iPhone has not so many more wonderful functions than Chinese phones, but a lot of people still prefer to pay 10 times more for iPhone - and not solely because of brand - but because of product quality, perfectionism, attention to details. If you look at Avada, X, etc, and think - yes, they were lucky to catch the moment - well, I donā€™t think so. Iā€™ve seen these top authors doing their best every day and every week, to provide the very best quality, to provide best support, to invest 150% of their income in ads, to do everything they can to deliver a product that people need, that people will find when they look for it, and that people will like once they purchase it. It is a much more complicated journey than it may seem. So I would recommend - focus all your effort on your products, their quality, uniqueness, marketing - if you manage to get to certain level you will succeed - no matter if itā€™s Envato, or direct sale - but donā€™t expect Envato to do all the dirty work for you.
And I think with or without author driven pricing - competition at themes market had reached a certain point where you really need to stand out to get to the top.

And - all of that is just my humble opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

authors is engine of Envato :slight_smile: