Sales almost stopped from last 4-5 days

very slow :frowning:

1 Like

My sales stopped a few 9 days ago
I think there is something wrong

2 Likes

Mine stopped on March 25 (then I found a 429 login bug and reported, they fixed it). Then Sales come back almost to normal till 15th of April. Then silence again till single sale on 22nd. Then silence again. Today I see more than -50% from my average monthly earnings. I risen the same concerns, that something is wrong. I searched for forums, trustpilot. And seen increased posts about locked accounts, do to issues with confirmation email (which never arrives) and just basically some issues that payment gets some errors.
ŠŠµ Š¼Š¾Š³Ńƒ Š¾ŠæŠ»Š°Ń‚Šøть ŠæŠ¾Š“ŠæŠøсŠŗу Š½Š° Š¼ŠµŃŃŃ† (drop it to translate)
Your payment was unable to be processed by PayPal. Please try again or use a different payment meth

In my case sales arw slower in the past 15 days but still goodā€¦

With less than a week in this month remaining. We are down to 50% of our average sales

Same here, 50% drop compares to the previous month.

Guys the good all days I keep saying 2014 - 2018 are gone, the number of themes and plugins are huge now, there is fierce competition and the latest themes are really creative, just chek them out, users now have a large area selectionā€¦ on top of that COVID, Elements, and other mess around the worldā€¦

Things are changing and only those who are willing to fight for it will make it through, in my opinion now a selection will be made between very good authors and the restā€¦

1 Like

Last year was the best in comparison to my 5 years before. All IT sector is growing like never before. This year nothing has changed, except that people used to it more than ever (online shopping especially). So COVID might affect VH, AJ, GR, but definitely not TF or EE.

Not so many new items arrive in TF, as you say:
" 51,511 WordPress Themes & Website Templates From $2". and if Iā€™m not wrong last year I have seen 75k items up there, but probably they just deleted old stuff.
By looking only at one particular category where I am, I saw only 3-4 new projects to arrive in a 1,5y period. So that`s not so big a deal I guess.

Now I monitor some new arrivals, their sales and etc. And also seen that their sales do not increase so much as worth it, or remain unchanged for 3-4weeks.

Yet I have a theory on how to fix it. But that might work only from the authorā€™s side. I am still willing to wait till TF will find and fix the issues. There were problems with cookies and Envato API errors. I still believe that this all mess is bind with never-ending experiments and unexpired cookies after those changes.

I see your point but I sell code as well and I have a 300% increase in sales compared to last year January, I used to make about 2-4k per month now I make about 8-10k per monthā€¦ what I did to increase this is to update my old plugins to look and be better, change design added features that no other plugins have, put some effort in adding unique stuff on sale.

The theme that I have in my portfolio it does not do good but I will remake it as well this year and I am sure I will bring it to life.

Not sure what to say, the market clearly is slower than it uses to beā€¦

My best week were 2 weeks ago and thereā€™s drop in sales since that time, not huge but sufficient

Thanks for your comment. I feel that it binds a little with my suspicions mentioned earlier. Especially:
ā€œwhat I did to increase this is to update my old pluginsā€. Do you think your updates force google bot revisit, or cookie autorefresh? Maybe that`s the cause of all problems? Envato makes some updates but forgets to updateā€¦ say cookies or URL map. Now you do edit your item page, and that somehow refreshes all cookies, google crawl bots and etc? (sorry if Iā€™m not expressing myself clearly, Iā€™m Ui/Ux, not too much experienced in development. But I guess youā€™ll get the point.
What do you think about it?

I donā€™t think is about google, my plugins page views did not increase, they re the same as a few years back, the plugins are more remakes than updates, and I also added features that no other plug-in have, for example, VAST advertising for my video players, it took me more than two months to figure it out but it was worth it.

As a comparison, old plugin vs new plugin so that you understand what I am talking about, this is just an example fro one of my plugins, I am in the process of remaking all of them but this takes timeā€¦ and hard work. It is not just about design, everything is improved and most of the code rewrittenā€¦

I do believe that only the best of us will thrive in the next few years, the ā€œoldā€ outdated design will not be so appealing to clients when they have so much cool stuff from which to choose now ( I do not want to offend anyone here but it is the truth, the latest approved themes some of them are from another planetā€¦)ā€¦ this is why I say that the good old days from 2014- 2018 are gone, by the way during that time I was dying with Lyme disease I could not work, I am very frustrated that I lost that period but thank God I am alive :slight_smile:

In my opinion, Elements is the nr.1 cause of the sales decrease because the banner is everywhere, Envato nr.1 priority is Elements. What makes me sad is the lack of attention from Envato when it comes to this, we asked for the banner removal for so long now and total silence and ignorance, at least to have the guts to say, look we will not remove the banner because we donā€™t want too, is our platform and we do what we want with itā€¦ but nope nada, nobody wants to talk about this and they prefer to ignore usā€¦ this kind of thing never ends wellā€¦

From 10 Elements buyers at least 5 think that they can get everything with Elements, I know this because each week I get at least 3-4 emails from angry clients that they could not find my plugins in Elements like it is my faultā€¦ this can also be seen in the forumsā€¦

On a positive note, my advice is to improve and start investing in the future, start learning new techniques and get out of the comfort zone which most of us old authors not do, WordPress is very strong and continues to grow, about Envato now is not that good but I still have hope that the new CEO will make some good decisions so that we can continue to create great things hereā€¦

Letsā€™ hope this post will change in, sales are back and we are doing amazing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sales are dead this month. Anyone can suggest some other ways of earning while working with WordPress?

Sales have been worse this month but they are not dead.

There are many factors for this drop, and we all know it, fierce competition, the themes released in the last twelve monthsā€¦ some of them are crazy creative and uniqueā€¦ Envato Elements which in my opinion is the nr.1 enemy here, eventually will destroy all marketplaces, it already made a mess in the stock footage like AJā€¦

I am still hoping the CEO wakes up and starts to understand that authors like you and me, and many others who invested their career here and put their heart and soul into this made this place what it is todayā€¦

If things continue like this all good authors will be out of here and searching for alternatives like you do.

Also, letā€™s not forget about Covid, people are getting out of the house with the Summerā€¦ and restrictions are not as bad as they were a few months back.

Personally, I see drop-in sales each month, not just in sales, visits as well which makes no sense considering that WordPress is stronger than ever and gets bigger every month, imagine that each potential client is greeted with that damn Elements bannerā€¦ get unlimited stuff for 20$, the funny thing is that a lot of Elements buyers get very angry because they buy Elements thinking that they will get everything and they end up asking for a refund, the bad part is that many of them do not buy again from the marketplace after this experience.

The community is also not united, if enough of us will ask one thing I guess our voices will be heard but nope.

It is clear that the future of Envato for the authors does not look that promising anymore which makes me very sad considering my history here :frowning:

I am still waiting for the Elements banner to be removed, I hope by the time they decide to do it and I am 100% sure they will when everything will sink hereā€¦ but I hope it will not be too lateā€¦

9 Likes

I think Envato should also consider having a TOP PLACE for the New Items instead of just for the very old items. It will also help the authors to have a better start with their new items. You can see the list of the popular items are not changed for several years since you decided to not take care of the New Items. I hope you could consider it.

1 Like

If the item is good it will sell, I noticed this with many new plugins latelyā€¦

The new item can be sold if author set the very cheap price. We recently released some of new WordPress theme and the traffic come to our themes is just 1/10 - 1/20 when Envato still promoted for the new items. In the past, a new item can have 5 - 10 sales per day at $59 but this is impossible nowadays.

I see your point and probably what you suggest would help a bitā€¦ however, if you want to survive this madness that is happening now you need to come up with work that WOWā€™s the user and is not done by anybody else, it is a hard task but it is possible, this is one example from my portfolio, there is no 3d carousel that can compete with mine because of the features that it has an overall package, so most users choose to buy it instead of another 3d carouselā€¦

The marketplace is saturated, if you want to get good sales you need unique and very well-done themes or plugins, the days when all themes and plugins were sold well without too much effort are gone.

I see, thereā€™s never been a time that the themes and plugins were sold well without too much effort that you thought. Themes and Plugins must be well to be passed the reviewers. However, a good place for the new items is not too demanding while there are a lot of space for the top items. The new items need a better start and itā€™s very important for authors to have more time and money to evaluate the theme and improve it.

Elements is eating the market slowly and eventually will finish it up in quick time. Only a few top authors will remain here.