[Sale Reversals] That's what real hell means!

Damn, that’s cold!

Wait, same buyer? I thought sale reversals resulted in immediate termination of the account… they must have fake bought both your tracks within a minute or two…
I thought there was no crime in Japan, what’s up with that?

2 Likes

@PurpleFogSound If the same customer makes multiple returns (for whatever reason), then it must be deleted or at least should be checked by the Envato staff ! I completely agree with you!

1 Like

Actually, Envato’s policy is to block an account as soon as there is a single sale reversal, as these are considered as fraud. No need to wait for multiple occurrences.

In this case, where the reversal happened almost immediately after the sale, multiple reversals shouldn’t have happened, unless the sales were made in a very short time frame, about a minute or two, or part of same cart.

Do you think that nothing can be done about this? Maybe they should just check it out? How much did he (this customer) made a refund and for a short period? And to find out for what reasons? If he, every refunds will do in an hour or every other day?

The causes of reversals are either payment fraud (theft) or due to a buyer who didn’t know the proper channel to get a refund.

So it’s either a very sadistic thief who enjoys shattering authors’ hope on top of stealing from them, or someone who doesn’t understand english, doesn’t know what they’re doing, panicked and cancelled everything. The timing of it all would hint at the former. Not much to be done other than blocking the account.

1 Like

I think that they need to first check (make sure), and then block :slight_smile: You’re right!

Dude, that sucks. I had a couple of reversals too, and they were also MB & FL licenses. I don’t know… if they just wanted to steal our tracks (which they obviously do), couldn’t they just purchase standard licenses?

As PurpleFog mentions, there seems to be a quite sadistic intention below, aside from the mere fact of stealing music from hard working authors.

3 Likes

They need to investigate that case man and then block of course in case of they will find the fraud
You’re right!

1 Like

Block first… ask questions later. Which is what they do anyway. I’d rather that than the other way around.

@SpaceStockFootage Customers are our most respected people, and they can not be treated like this (blocked, then sorted out)! You can be displeased client, but. 1 an unprivileged buyer can take ten customers (who have not been here). They will not come here after that!!

3 Likes

Is that the same buyer from Japanese?
Looks like we have person trolling authors here, really not funny :frowning:

@FASSounds Do you think he is a troll @WormwoodMusic ? Are you out of your mind? Or have you never had a refund?

2 Likes

Nope, in my case the buyer was from Spain, and had also other reversals from Australia and USA. Sadly it seems it’s a worldwide spread practice.

1 Like

If there’s a sale reversal then it means that Envato haven’t been paid… and as a result, you haven’t been paid. I don’t want anybody having access to my items if they haven’t paid for them.

And it’s part of the terms and conditions that apply to payments and refunds… don’t open a chargeback or your account will get blocked. That applies to genuine, long term buyers… or credit card fraudsters.

The odds of a reversal being fraudulent… are a lot higher than the odds of it being some kind of mistake, and the person will cancel the reversal and/or buy your item again… so blocking accounts is a wise precaution. Who’s ever heard of a sale reversal reversal?!

1 Like

Oh hold on… you’re getting mixed up with refunds. These aren’t refunds, they are reversals.

1 Like

Yes, I did not hear anything about turning sales, God saved me) Just asked :slight_smile:

@SpaceStockFootage In any case, you need to do something with this, and solve the problem (not verbally)!

1 Like

The one who troll is the buyer. I’ve got reversals too before, and surely I know the feeling.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I misunderstood. You said about the authors -troll