Sale Reversal Reasons

Hello guys,

Just a quick question. Is there a way to know the reason behind the sale reversal? Because it’s really annoying, I got 3 reversal this month.

I think you will get an small solution about your question from here about reversal

1 Like

In most cases sale reversal is problem with customer card or bank or wallet. ;]

1 Like

you are right :slight_smile: :+1::+1::+1:

I have already read this post, I completely understand that the processes have stopped due to some problem with a bank account, but what I’m wondering about is that there is no tricky way to do this? Right… because these buyers that I got a reversal from, they already now have the templates without spending a tiny money on the projects.

1 Like

this is true they have our templates but we didn’t see any step from Envato Authority what can you/we do ?
can’t if envato authority take any steps .
I expect that Envato Authority ask for payment purchaser for that author for that item what are getting reversal.

Maybe Envato should implement a way to collect the money from the bank or payment processor that initiated the reversal, and these bank or processor entities then can ask for payment to customer, who has already an item without spending any money at all. Because at the end of the road, these kind of issues are not because of us (Envato or authors), they are a problem between bank or processor and customer.

Sales reversals are likely due to pirates using stolen credit cards. Yes the same ones that post all of our work on the networks of pirates sites.

They use a stolen credit card, download items, and upload them to pirate sites. The owner of the card finds out and files a chargeback with their bank. The bank collects the money from Envato, and Envato reverses the sale. And now our hard work is available for free to anyone. Good times.

So Amazon, Ebay, etc…how do they deal with these issues? There has to be a way for big corporations that win tons of money, and not to lose it. And I think the first responsible here is the bank or the payment processor, so they should assume the consequences for this, not us.

1 Like

I’m agree how they deal this issue?

1 Like

You watching too much movies buddy. Pirates earn huge money on commercials, ten of thousands dollars, and you really think that anyone would risk prison etc. to use stolen card and buy some items here?

hehehehe come on… what are you 12 ? :slight_smile: peace.

Not 12. I own a marketplace. It happens to us. :wink:

:slight_smile: you can own whole city - but I know how this works and professional pirates are not using stolen cards for things like this - if you have stolen card you try to push it to the limits with loans etc. not for buying few items on the markets. :slight_smile:

and by the way - “stolen card” sounds simple, this days you have be smart to steal someones personal data (not even physical card).

peace. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you’re saying the files that go up on Gfxtra are purchased by upstanding people with real credit cards, using their own money. Okay…

Rolls eyes.

Guys. Enough with the talk about privacy. They have enough advertisement as it is and everyone is fighting them. Let’s not share with the entire community how to get warez sites. Really now?

A sale reversal is:

• A scammer that uses a fake credit card and gets caught. The purchase gets registered on your account but the buyer gets locked out instantly. The file is unavailable.
  • A buyer that gets rejected by a refund by us, authors, then rejected by Envato, and goes to complain to the bank that he got scammed and that bank rejects the purchase. This is not something typical, it can happen, but buyers can’t abuse this since they’ll get in trouble with local law enforcement services.
  • A buyer that gets triggered as “potential scammer”, the purchase registers, the buyer doesn’t get the file and gets locked out. ( as seen on the forums )

All these things get stored in accounting, and then are manually reviewed, and reversed or completed when their time comes.

As you can see, these are mostly things that the company that has gets “reversed” can’t do much about… It’s a sad reality of the web that everyone is fighting against, and Envato is doing an amazing job, as reversals are happening less and less since the inception days.

Cheers guys! :slight_smile:

1 Like