sale reversal after almost one month, just incredible!

u know what , what i know is that sale conditions in many countries do not allow more than a 2-week lapse of time to return items, for many kind of physical goods, that’s for sure. By the way , indeed, in most cases, that’s more likely to be only one week so that customers change their minds and cancel they order. This is already quite a while but when it comes to digital files that’s definitely even bigger / more troublesome actually, as, as i explained earlier on, once an item is downloaded, well everything’s lost for the author … . People who have downloaded probably keep the file anyway … and we are not sure of what they do in the end, in the very best case, they are kind of honest, they will not use it and everything’s fine but if they are not, the worst has to be expected … (and let’s face it this second alternative is quite common). i also kind of disagree with with @SpaceStockFootage insofar as if million dollar companies like envato have no weight at all with banks, insurance and so on, then i don’t know who will … but certainly not us, that’s the bottom line … . besides, still about Scott’s answer, i tend to believe that this is an idealistic view somehow some way that he introduced us with. The fact of the matter is that people who had their cards cheated, this is not sure that they have the kind of protection that he said they have … . Most of the time, we all know how things are working, u take an insurance, u have some with credit card and so on, leu some additional services, and, in the end, no matter how protected u think u are, they always find a clause / flaw in the contract to tell you that this is not working for you in this specific case and thus that u got cheated and won’t have money back anyway.

i am also not sure at all that paypal is any worst than any other thing when it come to payments (especially as they are sending a message to let people know if an order is being placed and where), but i guess that everybody has their own point of view about this issue anyway … . However, he’s right that is not fair that the stolen guy doesn’t have his money back and that’s not somethign that i am going to go against to say the least. I just tend to believe that if we have big fees, if we have some governments to get part of our hardly-earnt money and so on that they could also do something when something wrong is happening to us (yes, , fortunately, this not happening all the time but that’s also why we consider that people could do something for authors in this case, not to mention that no one is efficient with fighting against piracy in addition … and what is that is authors have to face all sorts of downsides and that there are always nothing to do if we listen to all … )

The thing is, this is a feature that was invented to protect consumers. Like the ability to sue somebody for negligence, laws on refunds, set processes for delayed flights etc etc. As with any process, there will be people that take advantage, make fraudulent claims and try to game the system, but on the whole… those processes are in place to protect the consumer and that’s exactly what they do.

I’m sure Envato and other large Paypal customers do have some weight, but they’d essentially be saying “You know that process you have in place to protect your customers, we’d like you to get rid of that.” and I don’t think they’d go for that.

2019 and unfortunately this happens frequently and the answer is always the same and you who are the creator are always on hand, I am not believing that a tool that even the Envato does not yet have an anti-fraud tool, I have my products often added in forums and nulled websites and I realize that this always happens after a return of payment and this is unbelievable, the least that Envato should do was to keep the value in the creator’s account, the damage will not be healed, but the loss becomes less.

1 Like

I just got a sale reversal after 30 months - 900 days!