After more than 2 years, finally we’re “Elite”.
I’m sure we’ll start to experience the benefits of being an Elite Author soon but for now, it’s just a very good feeling.
During our journey, there were lots of up and downs. “Ups” were fun. And some patience + a strong will could solve any “down” thing. Thus, we wanted to share our notes and milestones with you fellows. Hope you find something interesting for you
By the way, if you have a similar diary or some notes for your own special days, let’s do share it here!
- We entered the “World of WordPress” from scratch.
- Our very first WordPress theme Frida has been approved! (March 19)
- Author Level 1
- Author Level 2
- Author Level 3
- We hit 50 sales!
- Metz has been approved.
- We hit 100 sales!
- Author Level 4
- Metz hits 100 sales!
- Author Level 5
- New Badge: “Copyright Ninja”
- We hit 250 sales!
- Frida hits 100 sales!
- New Badge: “Trendsetter”
- Our first WooCommerce theme Grotte has been approved!
- Envato launches the new Item Support Policy. (September 1)
- Metz hits 250 sales!
- Award #1 - Grotte: The Best Shopfront WooCommerce Theme
- Award #2 - Grotte: Most Innovative eCommerce Experience
- New Badge: “Winner”
- New Badge: “Most Wanted Winner”
- We hit 500 sales!
- Award #3 - Best Community Ideas/Suggestions
- Bourz has been approved.
- Beginning of the US Sales Tax on Envato Market (January 1)
- Achievement #1 - PixelSquid & Envato Wallpaper Contest - Highlighted
- Bourz hits 100 sales!
- Robin has been approved.
- We hit 750 sales!
- 60% Author Earning - Half of the way! (February 22)
- Our very first WordPress plugin Buy For Me has been approved.
- Author Level 6
- Award #4 - Author & Item Page Template Design Contest - 5th Place
- Award #5 - Buy For Me: Item Page Makeover Challenge - Grand Prize Winner
- Award #6 - Buy For Me: Item Page Makeover Challenge - Featured Author Spot
- New Badge: “Featured Author” - We’ve been picked for the week May 17th.
- Envato launches the new Refund Policy. Now authors are to deal with refund requests. (May 16)
- Reviews are now public and authors can reply them. (May 24)
- We hit 1000 sales! (May 30)
- Beginning of the Automatic Approval of Item Updates. Chosen authors are now able to update their items without review. (June 1)
- We started to offer “Installation Service” for our themes.
- Achievement #2 - Apple iTunes Redesign Contest - Finalist
- New Badge: “Football Player” - From Euro 2016 contest.
- New Badge: “Super Copyright Ninja”
- Hunted is alive loooong days after the submission. Review time was around 60 days then!
- Sales Record: 10 sales in a day! (July 21)
- Robin hits 100 sales!
- We hit $50.000 in total sales! (July 26)
- Envato changes its hosting provider.
- Envato launches Elements. (August 1)
- Envato is 10 years old now! (August 22)
- Beginning of the Author Driven Pricing (ADP) on ThemeForest and CodeCanyon. Authors can now set their own prices. (September 22)
- Blake von Hauer has been approved.
- New Badge: “Freebie” - Our WooCommerce theme, Grotte, has been selected for November’s free file.
- All of the CMS templates have been added to Elements but WordPress. (October 31)
- Hunted hits 100 sales!
- We got our 100th rating! (November 9)
- Grotte hits 100 sales!
- Envato announced that they’re planning to add WordPress themes to Elements in the first half of 2017. (November 16)
- We have 100 followers now! (November 17)
- Frida hits 250 sales!
- New Badge: “Mo Bro”
- Earning Record From a Single Sale ($59,70): Metz + Extended Support + Referral Cut (December 30)
- We sold our first “Installation Service”.
- Gagens has been approved.
- Award #7 - Video Tutorial Contest - Web Design Category Winner
- We hit 1500 sales!
- Buy For Me hits 100 sales!
- Souje has been approved.
- Baxel has been approved.
- We did something for our website. burnhambox.com is now alive!
- Envato announced that WordPress themes will be added to Elements in 2-3 months. (June 1)
- And that’s it! Now we have that lovely “Elite” badge. (June 7)