🌟 Rising Star email campaign - nomination form link and FAQs

Rising Star Sale Email Campaign

We’re putting together an email marketing campaign that will feature a number of files, offered either free or at a discount, for approximately one week. If you’d like to be involved, please use the nomination form linked to in this thread, to nominate a Discount Item from your portfolio.

:exclamation: Please read the campaign details carefully! This campaign uses a new format, and it’s a little more complex than previous versions.

Here’s everything you need to know:

What is the campaign?

We’re looking for premium items across Themeforest, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, AudioJungle and VideoHive, that will be promoted at an author-nominated discount of 20-50% off their standard price.

This campaign will feature a selection of free items, and items offered at a discount of at least 20% off their standard price. We will feature different items each day during the 4 main days of the campaign, using the following format:

Day 1-4: A combination of free and discount items will be promoted via a special customer email. Each day’s items will be included in the collection for 24 hrs only.

Day 5: “Bonus Day” promotion, accompanied by a new email. All deals from previous days will return for an additional 48 hours.

:exclamation: Note: We’ve chosen this format as previous campaigns indicate that the ‘bonus day’ performs very well, engaging a significant number of additional customers.

The campaign will launch on Monday 17th June, and will run until June 23rd (including the bonus period).

What are you looking for?

:white_check_mark: New authors: defined as your first item being published from January 2018 or later

OR

:white_check_mark: New items: published after January 1st, 2019

ALSO

• Items that are high quality (if rated - minimum of 4 stars), presented well, and up to date
  • Must have at least 1 sale
  • You must be the author of any item that you are submitting for this campaign.

To help us be sure that the discount is off your normal sale price, the nominated item must have been listed at a consistent price for the 30 days leading up to the promotion period. See the pricing promotion rules below:

Consistent Price: Your item must have been listed at a consistent price for at least the 30 days leading up to the promotion period. See our Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more details.

Discount Price: By nominating for this promotion you are choosing to set your item’s list price to 40% off the stable price it has been listed at (during 30-day period of 19 May - 17 June 2019), with the promotional pricing change effective on 17th June, 2019 (2pm AEST). Sale items are rounded down to the nearest dollar after the discount has been applied.

Buyer Fee: The included buyer fee will not change. You can find more information on how to calculate prices with buyer fees here.

Author-Driven Pricing: As your item is in an ADP category, you are of course free to change your price whenever you like, whether or not you previously nominated for the promotion. However, during the campaign period, we will be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which do not meet the promotional criteria will automatically be removed from the promotion page (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market).

How do I take part?

Discount items: Submit your nominations using this nomination form. Please indicate whether the discount percentage (from 20-50% off) that you’d like to offer the item at. Multiple submissions are encouraged, but you’ll need to fill out a new form for each!

Free items: Our Marketing team will be selecting these from the existing Free File nomination threads for each marketplace. If you’d like to nominate files for the free component of this campaign, please use those threads to nominate items.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via your Envato Market email address.

We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.

Selected items will be promoted via a special email campaign during the week commencing Monday, June 17th, and will be promoted initially for 24 hours and then on Day 5 (the bonus day) for a further 48 hours.

In total, your item will be discounted or free for approximately 72 hours.

FAQs

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection listed above. Items for the promotional will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Rising Star Sale, in line with the specified % discount.

It is always up to the author to decide whether to leave a discount in place, manually return their item price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

How long will my item be promoted for?

Featured items will be promoted for a total of approximately 72 hours days. Each file will initially be promoted for a 24hr period (between 17th and 20st) supported by an email send. On June 21st, all items will then be promoted for an additional 48 hours (supported by a follow-up email send), where all discounts and freebies ‘come back’.

Timeline of events

• May 22nd: We launched the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!).
  • June 10th: Item nominations close (5pm AEST)
  • June 12th: We will inform the authors of selected items and will provide more details via email, including which day your items have been selected for.
  • June 17th: Campaign commences.
  • June 17th: Day 1 items will be available for 24hrs & announced via a marketing email.
  • June 18th: Day 2 items will be available for 24hrs & announced via a marketing email.
  • June 19th: Day 3 items will be available for 24hrs & announced via a marketing email.
  • June 20th: Day 4 items will be available for 24hrs & announced via a marketing email.
  • June 21st: Day 5 promotion. ALL campaign items (Days 1-4) become available again at their previous free/discount price, for an additional 48 hours. A special marketing email will be sent on June 21 to announce this phase.
  • June 23rd: Campaign closes.

We’re looking forward to seeing your nominations, and helping you to promote your items! If you have any questions, please let us know.

5 Likes

Did you use the nomination form?

Only one question, how many items can we submit? I didn’t find that in the instructions.

Note: Authors are welcome to nominate multiple files - however you will need to complete a separate form for each item.

You can read this inside ‘nomination’ form.

3 Likes

Oh, there it is. Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry for the confusion - our Marketing team has now confirmed that they only need these nominations via the nomination form, and not posted in this thread. I’ve removed that section from the first post :slight_smile:

@4TABS, @softali, @Temason & @WarnaSlides - I’ve hidden the posts with your nominations, so we can keep this thread for campaign questions. If you haven’t already done so, please use the nomination form for these - that will avoid having nominations in two different locations.

Great to see so many nominations coming in already!

4 Likes

It’s so great idea to promote new items! Thank you, Envato) And good luck all of us)

2 Likes

It is chance to promote our items :yum::yum::yum:
Thanks a lot @BenLeong :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

It’s very good. Thank you Envato :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

It’s a great campaign. Thanks Envato :boom:

1 Like

Great thing that you guy support the new authors and new items listed on the marketplace. You need to come up with more promos like this , imo
Good luck to everybody :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback on this campaign so far :slight_smile:

Quick clarification, as I’ve received several messages about this:

• In order to be eligible as a New Author, your first item must have been uploaded to Envato Market after January 1st, 2018.

• In order to be eligible as a New Item, that item must have been uploaded after January 1st, 2019.

Any nominations that don’t meet one of these criteria will be immediately discarded - please don’t use the form to nominate older items. We’ll have a lot of other marketing campaigns throughout the year :smiley:

This is great campaign. big chance to promote our new items. Thanks Envato. :+1::+1::blush:

Hi, I want to nominate my item that was published on 4 March 19. It was also a part of the Web Designer Day Campaign recently and its price was 40% off. That off price was done by you, not me. I just set its price again to the normal. Now, if I will nominate it, it will not be eligible as per your requirement

Consistent Price: Your item must have been listed at a consistent price for at least the 30 days leading up to the promotion period. See our Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines for more details.

As per this, I will not be able to submit my item. But it’s not my fault. Is there any workaround for this issue?

How many items can you submit.

Guys, did anyone get an email? Today is the day of informing the authors of selected items according to schedule.

1 Like

Hi BenLeong! It’s 13th of June but I didn’t receive any email which is odd (I’ve applied on 22th of May). My account was created after January 2018 so I guess it fits perfectly + my project is top seller.

Hi all! There was a slight delay in contacting some of the selected authors (most were emailed yesterday, but a couple were contacted earlier today).

We had a huge number of nominations for this campaign - almost 600 in total. We’re all hoping for great results from this campaign, as we’d like to run more like it in future.

Still no email, Ben. Is it because my project has participated in Web Designers Day? If that’s the reason it’s not really fair I guess, cause the price wasn’t changed by me, it was the sale.

1 Like