Revolution Slider 6.4.6 doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11

I hope this is the right place to post about a Slider Revolution bug. Have to say it is a painful process trying to contact you, if it is. Here’s my issue:

My homepage slider didn’t even render in Internet Explorer 11 - the IE11 version that’s bundled with the latest version of Windows 10 (leaving a big white space where the Slider should be). This happened after I updated Slider Revolution to v6.4.6. A network trace in IE11 shows a fatal error:

SCRIPT1010: Expected identifier
rs6.min.js (39,49471)

When I swap rs6.min.js v6.4.6 DATE: 2021-03-19 for the rs6.min.js script DATE: 2021-02-10 VERSION: 6.4.0 the slider works perfectly. Conclusion: you need to test your code in IE11. This isn’t the first serious bug I’ve found in your releases. I know it’s a hateful browser, but according to my Google Analytics reports there are many tech and security illiterate people who enjoy using it.

Please fix this bug! My site (which is having to use rs6.min.js v6.4.0 is https://www.ksl-training.co.uk. Since it’s using the older script, it does work in IE11 now. I am just not sure whether there are any other consequences for running the older rs6.min.js script on a newer Slider Revolution build.

Whilst writing, you may also want to look at code bulk. Revolution Slider, when installed as a WP plugin causes serious degradations in Page Speed due to the large number of bulky assets, many of which you can’t defer loading. It also loads its stylesheets and scripts on all pages, even though, in my case, it is only used on the homepage. How hard can it be to detect when the page doesn’t use Slider Revolution, to remove these bulky unused assets?!

Please contact the author of the plugin to get help with that:

As I know IE11 is not supported / out of date browser.

Yes, but RevSlider has it as supported in their compatibility list.

Probably they will just remove that from the list. I know the Elementor is not supporting IE and I have did the same for my themes.

This is my issue.: You can’t report a bug without paying for a license!!

“You need an active Slider Revolution License with running support time to access our ticket desk.”

So their “Help Center” is no help at all. Slider Revolution was included with my Theme (Consulting) so I have no dedicated license.

IMO it’s a sad day when code designers don’t want to provide a contact point for users to report bugs which doesn’t involve payment. Afterall, I am not after support; I’ve fixed the issue. I am just want to make them aware of this bug.

700 visits to my site from IE11 users over the last 60 days means 700 people would get a poor user experience if IE11 support was dropped in Slider Revolution. A white space where the slider is supposed to be is not acceptable. IE11 is on the “supported browser” list and so it should be whilst its use is this popular. That said, I have no idea why people still use IE11. It’s slow and insecure.

Best regards,

Steve Larkins

You can always use comments section to get in touch with the author even if you don’t have active support:

Thanks. I will try that…

Best regards,

Steve Larkins

Hi @stevelarkins,

Thanks for using Slider Revolution. Yes, our plugin will still support IE11 until the end of its lifecycle as mentioned here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/faq/internet-explorer-microsoft-edge . You can always report bugs to us using the contact form here themepunch's profile on CodeCanyon even if you do not have a product license key.

I’ve checked your Website and it’s running fine for me in IE11. Also, I noticed that you’re still using an older version of the Slider Revolution plugin, please always keep your plugins and theme updated for security and performance purposes. Our current latest Slider Revolution plugin version is 6.4.11.

Thanks!
KC
ThemePunch

The reason it works in IE11 is only because I swapped the rs6.min.js script to an earlier version 6.4.0 (although the Slider Revolution plugin is v6.4.6). The rs6,min.js that is included in v6.4.6 doesn’t work in IE11. So, as shipped v6.4.6 of your plugin is not working in IE11. Is this IE11 bug solved in v6.4.11? Do you test in IE11?!

Slider Revolution is provided bundled with my theme “Consulting”, so until they update Slider Revolution in the bundle, I cannot upgrade it

Please check your release v6.4.6 for IE11 bugs. It throws up JS errors

Best regards,

Steve Larkins

Hi @stevelarkins ,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the latest version of Slider Revolution 6.4.11 works fine in IE11. Please contact your theme author and get the latest version from them asap! If you have further questions, please contact us using the contact form here themepunch's profile on CodeCanyon

Thanks!
KC
ThemePunch

OK thanks!

Best regards,

Steve Larkins