Review queue initiative: author upload limits.

Haha :smiley: Great!

1 Like

Pardon? Why do you think there are less reviewers?

We’ve more than doubled the size of the team, and we’re continuing to hire.

Hope that answers the question :slight_smile:

Because, there were no introductions made by them on the forum. Then, how we will come to know? :neutral_face:

Sounds like a plan :slight_smile:

We talked about it in this update!

Totally fair enough if you missed it :grinning:

Good move! Thanks Envato Team!

Excellent!

Great change. And yeah, quality but most off all originality!

2 Likes

at what point it will start to work ???

Thumbs up!!!::+1::+1:

Thank you, good move :wink:

Finally something that preserve the quality and speed up the review process.

So… finally something good for authors :stuck_out_tongue:

Great news! And of course, we would like to have a function - “Track editing” (AJ) when he is in the queue. It also would reduce the burden on checking. Hopefully in the future this feature will be :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that started already from today, this mean that they gradually will clean the current queue wich will be smaller from the next weeks :wink:

+100000 to that. Come on Envato! Let us rate the reviewers too. Even
you will get a fair bit of idea how your reviewers are performing.

Lately, Themeforest reviewers are trying to be WordPress.org
reviewers. For them Theme Check results is the word of God. Solving all
errors and warnings are not enough… no no no… you must also slog to
remove all “INFO” notices even if they don’t create any ill-effect on
the performance of the site. Then,ofcourse they will NEVER tell you all
the issues at ONE GO! You must go through atleast 4-5 soft-rejects where
they tell you in installments what’s wrong with your theme. It’s never
"Here’s a list of 17 issues. Please fix". It’s always “Here, solve these
2 issues”… 2 days and a soft-reject later “Oh… i found 3 more issues… please fix” 2 days and a soft-reject later “umm… i found these 1 issue that I totally missed earlier” … oh weekend…wait 4 more days

So here’s a fair deal Envato: Let us also rate the reviewers.

Exactly! Soft reject NEVER ends as a single. There’s always more and more stuff popping up. For christ sake, if the theme review was made, how come not all the “lacks” are on the list? 4-5 soft rejects scores nothing but MORE work for reviewer. That’s why theme approval takes 3 months.

1 Like

Wow! Now all of the sudden Envato puts limits on their top performers and tell them how much should they produce, just like on the cheaters who want to game the system with bulk uploads of garbage. Seems pretty fair, right?

Who cares that there ARE people who can and produce a lot of quality content and don’t just cross their fingers in hope for good sales?

Who cares there are people who work full time at AudioJungle and they can’t allow a free space in new approvals?

Who cares that that single measure will kill the sales that even now are almost dead if you don’t have a few of top sellers?

And who cares there’s a lot of NEW authors who want to make it as well and uploading a lot of quality content is a one and only way to stand out and get noticed?

Bravo, what’s next? Now I have 23 music tracks sitting in a review queue and 13 music packs and I can’t upload anymore.

So I should wait for how long now? Now this highly innovative measure means that if I need to wait at least 10-15 days now and I will get a great ‘no sales’ window after that for 10-15 days as well as your system works exactly that way - no new items, no sales.

I’m highly disappointed and pissed that Envato cuts the hard working Author’s freedom to produce considering that there are more effective measures to prevent what you’re trying to prevent, such as author verification, upload/reject ratio or some more liberal ways than telling all the authors how much they should produce.

If the review time will be 2-3 days (and come down quick to it!) I will be fine with it. Other than that - that’s the most disappointing thing I’ve seen from Envato, ever.

10 Likes

Good decision, something needed to be done. Quality over quantity :+1:

Wow Matthew, that is excellent news! Didn’t expect that what I said yesterday would go into effect THAT soon LOL :sunglasses:

I do think though, Envato should look into some content ID type service too, to kindof pre screen songs so that anyone uploading duplicates or copyrighted songs can be stopped. This will help save a lot of time on both the review process and complaints.

Great news! Thanks Envato review team! :smile: