Review queue initiative: author upload limits.

@matthewcoxy
What about items that have not been updated since long time (I see 2 years, 3 years…) ?
What about items that do not match anymore the marketplace quality ?
If you are looking for quality, it must not only be done with new items but also with old ones.

Meanwhile, I really think (as most poeple here) that you should give the possibility to standard authors to upload 2 items, not just one (and not more also).
If this author get 2 hard rejects, he would not be able to upload more than one item in the future.

It is really hard for an author to spend 2 months developing a WP theme, waiting then 2 other months to have his item reviewed, let’s say he will get 2/3 soft rejects, to finally gets his item approved after 5 months.

Two items will be fair for both authors and the market, please think about it :slight_smile:

Awesome! Now the authors will pay more attention to quality of items…
I want to become the elite author…:wink:

This is a plus, but you’re going to see the number of multiple accounts for one author increase and they’ll bypass the limit by doing so. This isn’t going to change their quality and it’s not going to relieve the strain of over submission and market saturation. It slows things down for reviewers but won’t help the market.

Eventually, you’re going to realize that you have to audition the authors for their ability to provide consistent quality and reject the authors who don’t have what it takes and aren’t likely to get there. Forget about trying to find individual pieces of music from mediocre composers here and there and just work with those you can rely on to provide good work time after time. That is how is has worked traditionally in production music (and other creative businesses) for many years and that’s how you create a quality catalog with efficiently over time. It’s inevitable. It’s not as if there’s a shortage of composers and music.

I saw have more items with low quality (old design and not have any unique) approved this time. What is problem with Quality team?

1 Like

Is review time to be improved at all? Or will this be the new standard? Are new rules and implementations doing any good, having any effect?

I would just like to know, if we can expect in any relatively near future to go back to those max 7 days or is this eventually going to the new standard?

Yeah, this change started to take huge effect. Every day review time is getting half day-day shorter. For audiojungle is 12 days now, and couple of weeks ago was 31+ days. :slight_smile:

nothing is improved. I don’t see any difference.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous it’s still 35 days for WP in average! Get more staff, let people make money for YOU!

Design probably gets old while it is approved. :grin:

1 Like

40 days and NO review for our WordPress Theme!

Guys, you’ve done a tremendous job! From 31 days to almost 9 days on AudioJungle! That’s great!

1 Like

What about reducing the review time first? do you think that we like to wait 2 months for a single item?

Review time for WP up to 40 days now. We so disappointed :sweat:

Just got reviewed after 40± days. Way better than the 2 months plus i was getting a while ago.

It “jumped” from 35 to 40 but we all know that this 35 number was just a fake. Now its 40 but real.

40 days is too much time if someone wants to upload a trendy theme …

Themeforest review team is doing good job but as author i feel insecure now. The reason is that you are tighten up the rope around our necks. Initially the first answer was quick but i used to get soft and soft and soft and soft. Now the first answer usually comes in longer time but getting the theme cleared to get it live, has become tougher than ever. I did a wordpress in collaboration and it is about 9 months that my item is not live yet. Every time i get only 4 reasons of soft rejection and in the next soft rejection i get another 4 or 5. This way my items are delayed for a longer period of time. One of my item got approved last month after almost a year in the game of hide and seek of hard and soft and so on. So now you have put an upload limit in the end on our accounts.

What is the result of it? The authors are become weaker and weaker financially day by day. Few of them are joining upwork or other freelancing companies. However if themeforest thrives and progresses, the trickle down effect should benefit us. So my request is if one item gets soft rejection after 40 or 50 days it should go live for sale within a week or two maximum. Because we wait for our items every day but we keep on getting disappointing emails of soft rejection with only few errors.The reviewers should send all the errors at once in one email rather than sending four or five errors in one soft rejection.

Thanks a lot for listening to me. I hope that the mathewcoxy will take notice of it.

38 - 40 days is awesome. My last 2 themes took 85 and 90 days. Glad to see progress is being made :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Resubmissions take significantly less time than initial submissions, if that’s what your asking :slight_smile:

Let me explain, i submitted my item in May this year, after almost 70 days i got the first soft rejection. After that the second soft had 12 errors, the third had 9 errors, the fourth one had 4 errors, the fifth one had 5 errors, the sixth one had 6 errors, the 7th one had 6 again. I mean to say that all these errors should be given at once in one soft rejection and the author should be helped to launch the item quickly after 40 days of first answer (which was 70 in my case). In this process, more than 4 months have been passed and still my item is not live yet. I have requested my dear reviewers about it but they accept no request and continue sending the errors and errors. I respect their work and dedication with the market but my request is genuine as well. So please take a notice this factor as well my brother. I will be happy if my request will not go unheard. Thanks a lot for your reply, i am happy that you paid attention to my problem.