Review queue initiative: author upload limits.

Hope if i can upload 2 templates at the same time :slight_smile:, anyway it look like videohive is out right now

Generally, this idea is good for market -

1. More quality, less trash tracks.
  2. Very good news for elite authors - sure they deserve to have privileges.
  3. Super news for reviwers. It’s a rush job now!!!
  4. Excellent opportunity to filter spammers, thiefs and other cheaters. Also - newcomers who just want easy money by flooding AJ with ton of rubbish each day.

But there are some not good news:

1. for new authors or 1 year authors who was not so lucky to register on AJ in good time (when it was 5-7 days of approval time, not many authors, not many items). These guys (like me) are not very talented to write hit melody, but at the same time they are hardworkers, they create not bad tracks every day (without hard rejects and with little number of soft) and have 1-3 sales each day, and they can earn money only by AJ, coz left their jobs and relied on Envato. Only by daily uploading they have a little chance to have sales and maybe in some years become elite.

2. To filter spammers and other cheaters this limit is not enough. Need some identification (limit numbers of accounts) and maybe project screenshots or even video.

Anyway, these new rules have more pros than cons. AJ need to be cleaned. If approval time will be reduced much - it’s happiness for everybody, if not - “death” for many hardworkers (including me).

A good idea! Next Quality!

Uploaded my last WP theme around 22nd of December and got a soft reject at 30th of December.
It’s been like 8 months and I can’t believe that submissions take 25+ days. (up to 3 months, seriously)

Funny story, just few days ago there’s a limitation for the WordPress. I think I’m really lucky cause I have just finished second WP theme but seems I have to wait around two months. (If I’m lucky)

Once upon a time, they were checking every theme in 2-3 days :slight_smile:

Good move. i must say this will improve the quality over all

I’ll be honest, at first, I was frustrated! But when I saw the review time passing from 32 day’s to 12, this make me feel so great.
My new tracks have been approved 15 day before they was supposed.
I’m now really happy about this move from Envato.

Great job !

2 Likes

Really Great Idea Envato, but if ID and photo verification will become it’ll be very cool!

And maybe one more idea you listen (not idea, just update your idea) - if author take reject for item quantity items for review at a time become 4, if more reject - 3. Minimum 1 item (if many rejected files), but if next time this author take approve track, quantity items for review at a time become more, until it again comes 5 items for review at a time.

Sorry for my English )

Dear Envato Team,
Please, tell us, how are you going to prevent creating hundreds of ‘‘duplicate accounts’’, which will affect on that people still will upload a lot of items?
Waiting for your answer,
Thanks!

I’m unaware to this update until i upload a new track today, What a great news!! This is a positive approach by envato team , great things on many levels buyer will dig catalog more deeper and for author doesn’t need to worried about quantity war now everybody has a fair share of upload, have more time to craft quality items and of course a slightly longer item exposure.

The thing is that it become 18 days before this new feature. At this time, after new uploading limits nothing changed in reviewing time.

We have one soft rejected theme but we can’t resubmit it because we have another theme submitted already!

What is wrong with you, ThemeForest?!

I can’t wait for 2 months until the submited theme gets reviewed just to resubmit the soft rejected theme

1 Like

The same thing experienced with AudioJungle. That’s pretty annoying and I’d say it shouldn’t include resubmitting soft rejected items. I’m sorry for you to hear you need to wait 2 months! :grin:

This is ridiculous!

What about soft rejected items?

Take a look at our case!

We have one item submitted(NEW WordPress item);
We also have one WP Soft Rejected item.

Now we can’t resubmit the soft rejected because of the submitted item?
Are you kidding me?

This seems to be a bug rather than a new themeforest feature.

Looking for a reply

I see people already started creating duplicate accounts…In this case i must admit this limitation will only bring inconvenience than real benefit, sadly :disappointed:

Sure, people can start new accounts, but they lose out on all of the benefits that come from establishing a quality portfolio of items over time. Really basic fundamental things like credibility of the author, or the ability for a customer to continue to browse a portfolio if they like the initial item them clicked on. Furthermore, you’d also lose any chance of establishing a lasting relationship with a customer over time. Many customers returning to buy from authors they liked previously, or refer other customers to their portfolio.

Good luck ever being able to achieve any of the important benefits that come from achieving Elite Status, or increasing your rates.

I don’t doubt a small group of people will try to create duplicates, but the problems of doing this far outweigh the benefits. Time and the aforementioned realities will filter out those who try that approach. Additionally, as the review queue continues to decrease, we remove the incentive for them try it.

11 Likes

Sounds like you begun having multiple items in the queue, and now the new feature has applied limitations that are lower than the number you started with. This will be the case for a couple of people.

The focus for us (and the most important thing) is lowering the overall time-to-market of your items.

Consider two hypothetical scenarios:

1. You’re able to immediately resubmit your item to the queue, but the total time-to-market is 20 days.

2. You have to wait 10 days to resubmit the item, but the total time-to-market is 15 days, because the item only spends five days in the queue.

We realise it represents a different workflow, but ultimately it will create a faster turnaround for all authors.

I hope you’re right Matthew! But unfortunately for people who really needs this limits all of this doesn’t matter. They just want fast money by flooding the market with generic corporate template tracks in order to get 1-2 sales from each one.

3 Likes

My latest theme had a soft reject for one tiny false themecheck error and i had to delete my other 2 themes in the queue so it could get approved. Very frustrating.

Yes i respect this!

1 Like