Review queue initiative: author upload limits.

There’s some interesting opinions on here. People are forgetting that you’re legitimately allowed two accounts so your limit is actually 10 tracks for AJ (and you can market the 5 from your non-exclusive account elsewhere).

There’s not a lot of point making new suggestions for Envato limits either. They’re rolling this out whether you like it or not so let’s give it a few months before declaring “it’s the end of the world!”.

1 Like

I believe this is good news, at least for audiojungle. Very much hope that it will reduce review time.

Great! Who are these authors? Let’s put them aside. It’s obvious they need a special treatment. Am I one of them? Then don’t allow me to judge reviewers. I bet that 99% of authors working here have an interest to get their items approved as quick as possible and fix all of those soft-reject reasons as soon as possible.

And how can you be sure that all of reviewers are qualified to judge? For example, I’ve been told to escape / url_escape / localize all TGMPA plugin config options. It’s obvious that my reviewer didn’t have any clue what TGMPA plugin is and that all of config options are escaped within the plugin itself. Is that a reason for soft-reject?

Disagree with that one. It’s the matter of user support.

That would definitely increase the review time! How come the support in more qualified to judge about whether the review was right or wrong? Imagine a team within the review team whose job is to handle review complaints. More administration work means more time to finish something.

1 Like

I just had my first track accepted (not including sound fx) today, and I’m all for the changes. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the reviewer complaints.

This will make me look like a bit of a newbie (which I am so have at it) but I unknowingly submitted zip files that had extra files inserted into the zip due to using a free version of jzip, and while some reviewers picked them up and kindly gave me a soft reject, almost as many didn’t pick them up.

One item even sold with the extra file still in the zip, and buying something like that reflects badly on the whole community.

It’s ultimately my fault, but the reviewers are basically quality control, and this suggests to me that there are some reviewers that really not paying attention at all.

Again, just my 2 cents.

As I said it’s not aimed at anyone in particular but you only need to check the “my item was rejected” threads here to see how far off the level of experience and understanding many are. Plus if envato are to be believed at 70%+ submissions are rejected then the list is probably quite a bit longer.

I can’t - but then nor can anyone else except those who hire them. It would seem rather nonsensical for envato to hire unqualified people, and they do get further training on the finer details.

You TGMPA point is valid but maybe it was a mistake or a one off? These things happen especially when they are under immense pressure.

Is this not exactly what you are recommending?

If authors can complain/rate reviewers and:

would this not require support, reviewers, envato, a special team or someone having to investigate the complaints and taking up more time and resource?

I am aware you are an experienced author, I do get the frustration authors feel and again have never said that things could not be improved - I am just looking at a potentially bigger picture.

I’m not a reviewer, but it seems pretty obvious to me. I could be wrong! Imagine reviewers are bouncers at the nightclub… if you’ve got sneakers on then they’re going to tell you you’ve got sneakers on and turn you away. They’re not going to look at your footwear, check your ID, pat you down for weapons and the like… and then tell you you’ve got sneakers on and turn you away. It’s an inefficient use of time.

Maybe if an item is really close to getting approved, then it makes sense to go through everything, but not if it’s pretty far off the standard on the current submission.

Good!,. I see that already has a good effect on review times.
thanks for this change!

And how long does a review of an item generally takes?

Really great!!! :princess:

you can see the review times for new items here: http://quality.market.envato.com/

for Audiojungle we have this thread :slight_smile: What is the Audiojungle review queue length now?

1 Like

Great, Envato! But I think it would lead making more accounts, some authors already have few… but anyway, thats great news.

It’s gonna suck for those who upload 100+ items in one go like some SFX guys do… But for everyone else this is a good thing!

@matthewcoxy could you clarify this? Id really appreciate knowing where I stand

exactly)))

Why elite author can have 5 items and standard author only one? Me as a standard author how can I become an elite author if you give a change to the authors that already have a lot of items and make a lot of money??? How can we survive on this market? You should have told the new authors to go home…and sustain elite author…It was easy this way…
Thank you! This is my opinion

5 Likes

And I’d even add one more criteria for that: issues of similarity/uniqueness of portfolio content. Which may do not much matter for Envato directly but for buyers surely does (to save them from drawning in the sameness and giving them a choice) so for Envato feedbackly does too. Not sure if this is realizable by human sourses though.

Envato should think about author below level 7. Their limit should be 2.

1 Like

Thanks. I see it’s around 26 days for Themeforest. That seams a lot. Not sure if it is always like that.

Love it :smiley: and more love if you double your review staffs :smiley: