Review of Adrev

If they told you they have claimed the videos and yet they do not appear in your dashboard. It either mean that it hasn’t been 3 months yet and you just need to be patient for just a little longer, or that there is indeed an issue in which case you should ask support why these videos do not show up in your dashboard.

This statement is just ridiculous. AdRev is not a gang of scammers operating out of a shady basement. They are a multi-million company that do very well legally. They make their money by taking a cut of your earnings, they really do not need to steal from you. Such a behaviour would jeopardize their position with ContentID and Youtube, on top of legal consequences.

Now, I understand your frustration, but instead of jumping to unfounded conclusion that they’re bad people out to get you, maybe you should try and understand what the issue is here, and find a way to fix it.

Sure i am frustrated, but why not claim videos which use my music? That is profit to them, also they said that they have claimed, but still nothing. I have tried write them, claim manually, but nothing, waited 6 month and still waiting.

Why not claim the videos indeed. This is the question that needs to be answered. Since you have the link to the videos, they should be able to tell you if they claimed it indeed, when they claimed it and why it does not appear in your dashboard, for instance if the claim has been lifted somehow.

The fact that they do not answer these concrete points is weird, as it does not reflect my experience with them. There might be some miscommunication here.

No problems with AdRev. I’ve been collecting regularly for about a year. Just keep in mind this is usually not a lot of money. I have about 70 songs with them and they only earn between $5 to $8.50/month collectively. I look at AdRev as a way to recover and small percentage of money lost after getting ripped off. I don’t see it as a revenue stream because I would hope my music is not getting stolen.

Now Adrev deleted all my tracks, which i asked, let the people use my music, i have uploaded them in Shazam, so people can find me.
From Shazam they get link to Spotify, where people can listen my music which pays pretty good. Spotify pays about 0.004-0.006$ per play.
Have a great week!

Now Adrev deleted all my tracks, which i asked, let the people use my music, i have uploaded them in Shazam, so people can find me.
From Shazam they get link to Spotify, where people can listen my music which pays pretty good. Spotify pays about 0.004-0.006$ per play.
Have a great week!!

I don’t know if $0.004 is particularly good, but it’s more than YouTube, that’s true…

BUT, and a big BUT here - on Spotify it is EXTREMELY unlikely that you would get 1 million plays on production music all on your own without being famous. If the song itself gets popular on YouTube it gets spread around in other videos and the snowball is rolling. That can’t happen with Spotify.

On YouTube, it’s much more likely to get 1 million plays since a song would be part of something bigger than itself.

Anyway, I have thought on and off many times about the advantages/disadvantages of AdRev and I will keep my music there for now. It still pays for rent and more every month, and has done so for almost two years now. Earnings are, however, lower than 2015.

The big problem is that it’s unlikely to see big gains over time since new videos would just cut out the track if they start getting views. The big cash cow is usually when you first register and you find all these videos with stolen music all at once and the uploaders don’t do anything about it.

I’ve had quite a few million+ videos that earned me good money be removed for one reason or another (probably other copyrighted material)…

Well i let people to use my music without Adrev claims it, that will promote my tracks better and it will be more used.
Right now it works great and pays me good.

Have a great day!

I’ve been with Adrev for 12 months and have earned 0.34$. Awesome amount of cash !! :slight_smile:

Sad to hear that.